User Design Lead
Job Description Moody's User Experience team is growing, and we are looking for several top-tier UX Design Leads to join our high performing team, focused on taking our world-leading products to the next level. The UXD Team is responsible for the overall user experience of the industry-leading Bureau van Dijk (BVD) platform, which provides Academics, Professional Services, Corporates, Financial Institutions and Governments with key data on 300 million companies worldwide.
As a UX Design Lead at Moody's, you'll be responsible for developing interaction designs that align with customer and business needs, utilising design patterns that can be shared across other work streams. A successful candidate will be a collaborative team-player, with the ability to work closely with business and technology stakeholders, as well as colleagues on our global team. You should possess a passion for developing elegant solutions to complex usability problems with solid experience translating business and technology constraints into well-integrated, world-class, end-user experiences .
The role requires a highly skilled practitioner with proven expertise across all phases of the user-centred design methodology. You will collaborate closely with UXD Team members, Product Strategists, Developers, and stakeholders to understand business goals and translate those goals into compelling experiences. Responsibilities include:
- Design the overall look and feel of interactive user interfaces for multi-featured strategic product initiatives, often working on numerous initiatives concurrently
- Lead collaboration with Product Strategists and stakeholders to determine and document detailed requirements
- Manage and guide other User Experience & Design team members, clearly communicate tasks and provide constructive feedback
- Create and iterate on wireframes, flow charts, site-maps and detailed specifications, including building clickable prototypes to validate design concepts with stakeholders and customers
- Contribute to the development of our pattern library
- Participate in the overall definition of our design process
- Significant experience in User Experience Design, Interaction Design, Information Architecture, or User Interface Design for desktop and mobile web-based applications
- Bachelor's degree in design-related discipline required; Master's degree preferred
- Highly skilled practitioner with demonstratable expertise in the design, production, and presentation of user interface designs that support the needs of the customer
- Strong ability to communicate abstract concepts to audiences that are not skilled in a UX discipline
- Strong passion for innovative designs that optimise user engagement
- Ability to confidently present work, articulate design decisions and to accept or provide constructive feedback
- Ability to advise, persuade and influence stakeholders to achieve consensus and drive practical and modern design solutions
- Ability to successfully juggle multiple projects and competing priorities
- A portfolio demonstrating experience designing complex desktop and mobile web-based applications - including wireframes, site maps, and process flows
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills demonstrating sensitivity and persuasiveness
- Detail-oriented self-starter with ability to work independently and as part of a team
- An expert with design tools, including Axure, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite
Nice to have:
- Experience in Financial Services
- Experience working on a complex B2B digital product
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- As a member of a global team, regular travel between Brussels and London is required, along with occasional travel within Europe, and to New York.
- ** An online portfolio or samples that can be submitted with your resume is required. **
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.