Team manager Financial control
- Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium Brussels Bruxelles-Capitale BE
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Mar 18 2018-03-24
Team manager Financial control
Team manager Financial Control
Permanent, Full-time, Brussels
Your role & work environment
As a team manager you are responsible with your team to advise your business partners using financial information and you have a leading role to support decisions in line with the targeted performance of ING Belux.
You and the team maintain relationships with various stakeholders at senior management level in Belgium and also with Group Finance Controller for your domain and according to different dimensions: own expenses (Staff costs, IT costs , operational costs) , intercompany charging, cost allocation to products or different business segments). You are responsible for the full Mid-Term Planning (MTP) and forecasting process as well as for the monthly and quarterly financial performance analysis and reporting. Furthermore the team provides ad-hoc support and advice on challenges in your domain. In addition you participate in Finance and business projects to improve results and processes.
You are an engaged people manager, coaching between 4 to 6 talented Financial controllers to support them in their development.
Your key responsibilities
People management of talents in Financial control.
Act as Finance Business partner for business segment Heads (@ Exco level) , their management team and their business manager and analysts.
Coordination of financial results presentations, analyses and advice (monthly, quarterly, yearly and budget & forecast) to all stakeholders @ C level (ING Belgium and ING Group)
Provide ad-hoc support for the stakeholders , Head of Financial Control , CFO or stakeholders at ING Group level.
Participate in Finance and business projects to improve performance, results and processes.
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems. And you are an engaged people manager and leader to inspire your team and to develop them.
As a Team Manager Financial Control you will also need the following:
- People management experience (experts )
- Significant experience in Finance (minimum 7 to 10 years)
- Strong business acumen
- Influencing & Communication with impact
- Autonomy and proactivity
- Thoroughness and organisation skills
- Analytical & advise (Ensure high quality, first time right deliverables and investigate and advise on complex issues)
- Affinity with the world of Financial services
- Stress resistant and not be afraid of flexible working hours in case of short deadlines
- Master's degree in economics, finance or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of English (French and Dutch are an advantage)
- Advanced Power Point and Excel skills
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
- Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
- A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
- The possibility to participate in multiple courses and trainings throughout the year focused on both hard and soft skills
- Possibility to work on complex projects & tasks with a steep learning curve
- Broaden your experience in other domains
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We're on a journey that's centred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We're proud of that!