Cognizant's Digital Business and Technology Consulting practice helps clients to reimagine, redefine, and transform their businesses through technology. We bring unparalleled levels of insight, innovation and delivery velocity to help our clients become digital leaders and enable them to create disruption within their industry. We do this by employing the best people in the industry working with a single-minded focus and a pragmatic, hands-on approach to delivering technology strategy and solutions.
Digital Business and Technology Consulting is part of Cognizant Consulting, a $750m+ consultancy practice, itself part of Cognizant Worldwide Limited, a world leading business consulting, IT services and outsourcing solutions provider - a top performer on Nasdaq and an established leader in Forrester's research in Business and Digital Transformation as well as one of the World's Most Admired Companies.
We are currently seeking Solution Architects at all levels to join our team. Candidates should have previous experience of working as a Solution Architect in a leadership capacity for large organizations on digital transformation initiatives. Candidates will ideally have experience of consulting and working with senior stakeholders.
This position will offer reasonable flexibility for working from home. About the role
As a Solution Architect, you will deliver value and excellence to our customers through key project engagements as well as support the growth of the DB&T Consulting practice.
This position is within the Continental Europe team, which focusses on providing advice and guidance to customers on Enterprise and Solution Architecture. In addition, you will contribute to the ongoing development of the architecture practice, actively support sales and contribute to business development activities.
As part of a global Consulting team, you will embark on an exciting journey working with leading global brands, collaborate with colleagues around the world and tap into cutting-edge capabilities to define the architecture for next generation organizations and business models. You will be pushing the edges of digital technologies for top names in banking and financial services, retail and consumer packaged goods, aviation, airport services, pharmaceuticals and telecom operators and build further on the success of Cognizant. Key Responsibilities
Subject matter expertise:
- Thorough knowledge of solution architecture best practices and a demonstrable track record of working with/in a variety of organizations.
- Previous experience in a Solution Design, Technical Lead or Architect Role is essential with the ability to translate user requirements into detailed design artefacts.
- Expertise across architecture domains such as business, applications, information, infrastructure, integration and security.
- Expertise across technology domains such as cloud, big data, analytics, artificial intelligence, IoT, enterprise automation, API, and micro-services.
- Proven experience in the use of cloud technologies, cloud strategies and in the design of solutions for the cloud.
- Expertise in developing cloud native or hybrid architectures in AWS, Azure and/or GCP.
- Demonstrate knowledge of integration technologies and services, with the ability to design integration architectures (desirable).
- Ensuring project success through timely and accurate production of agreed deliverables.
- Ability to successfully relate technology solutions to business problems and sell ideas.
- Consulting expertise gained with a management consultancy or systems integrator.
- Proven capability in providing technology leadership, delivering high quality, creative and insightful technology advice; you will ensure project success through timely and accurate production of agreed deliverables.
- Shaping, leading and delivering value through technology advisory consultancy and through guiding transformational delivery engagements.
- Strong stakeholder management and relationship building skills at senior levels that will enable consensus building and shaping technology direction.
- Leading and collaborating with teams across our business in the development and presentation of proposals to clients.
- Leading in the development of collateral to support 'go to market' propositions and service offerings.
- Using your personal contacts and networking skills to help grow our consulting pipeline.
- Farming of accounts - working with account teams to support opportunity identification, qualification and sales.
- Developing the cross practice understanding of service offerings to ensure effective cross selling.
Personal Characteristics and Behaviors:
- Contribute to the development of practice members' skills to ensure a consistency of service delivery and expertise. Active coaching and mentoring of junior members of the team.
- Develop, implement and continually refine the coherent approach and appropriate frameworks to support business transformation proposals including presentations, specimen RFI / RFP content, methodologies, toolkits and deliverables.
- Contribute to the development of a knowledge management led approach ensuring the development of reusable collateral from engagements.
- Support recruitment activities by taking part in candidate screening and interview sessions.
- Team building - promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team.
- Support wider consulting initiatives outside of the immediate practice / capability group.
- Internal and external mindshare development through white papers, POVs, and speaking at industry events.
Diversity and Inclusion at Cognizant
- Candidates should have a passion for technology and how it can transform our client's businesses.
- Able to thrive in fast paced environments with frequent change as standard - this will be key to your success at Cognizant
- Able to demonstrate credible presence and gravitas, with a confident leadership style with a high level of professionalism and a team player approach.
- Excellent senior stakeholder management skills with the ability to engage Cognizant and client personnel at all levels.
- Structured thinking and presentation - comfortable in dealing with ambiguity and ability to provide structure and frame thinking logically and effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - both oral and written in Dutch and English and optionally French.
- EU passport holder
- Fair, consistent, open and honest. Treating others with dignity, as you would want to be treated.
- Self-motivated, actively seeks responsibility and driven to achieve results.
- A strong teamwork ethic with a proven ability to work collaboratively.
- Highly developed critical thinking, interpretative and analytical skills.
- A willingness to learn, grow and stretch in new roles and different industries.
- Positive, determined, resilient, confident and resourceful in the face of challenges.
- Flexibility to travel to client sites across the Belgium and internationally.
- Strong communicator able to deliver a concise message either verbally, or in writing.
- Organized and able to prioritize competing responsibilities.
- TOGAF and Archimate certified
- Experience/certified in Project and Program Management
- Experience/certified in Agile, Scrum, Scaled Agile Environment
At Cognizant, we believe diversity and inclusion are at the heart of our ability to execute successfully and consistently over the long term. We recognise that our people are our most important asset. We strive to create an environment where all associates feel comfortable to be themselves, feel accepted and can therefore thrive both personally and professionally. We continue to drive D&I throughout our organisation to unlock the insights, imagination and innovation of our associates, as well as reflect the diversity of our clients and communities. We are a UK and European Top Employer and continually drive employment recognition and engagement through employee friendly policies and affinity groups such as "Women Empowered", "Embrace LGBTQ+" and "Race Equality Network". What you can expect
By joining Cognizant Digital Business & Technology (DB&T) Consulting, you will be responsible for establishing trusted advisor relationships with the leaders of Fortune 500 companies. You will spend time onsite with clients to support business development for new work and delivering consulting projects. Developing points-of-view and thought leadership will be part of your go-to-market responsibilities.
Cognizant is a large organization so you should be comfortable collaborating across practices and aligning with remote colleagues to support your initiatives and activities.