- Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
- Permanent, Full time
Senior Vice President, Government & Public Affairs
Location: Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, BelgiumThis position is in the Government and Public Affairs group ("GPA") based in Brussels and, in addition to having certain global responsibilities, will have a particular focus on the Europe, Middle East and Africa ("EMEA") region. The preferred candidate will have responsibility for facilitating and coordinating government and public affairs engagement in EMEA. While there is a preference for this role to be based in Brussels, there is also the possibility to base the role elsewhere in Continental Europe.
- Assist in formulating Moody's positions on issues of strategic importance with respect to legislative and regulatory initiatives in assigned region(s)
- Help develop and maintain positive relationships with policymakers and regulators
- Expected to represent GPA in meetings with C-suite executives inside and outside Moody's
- Develop appropriate communications to inform Moody's management of the potential implications of regulatory and legislative developments affecting Moody's
- Identify and draft responses to relevant public consultations
- Prepare and manage Moody's appearances before public bodies
- Interact with the lines of business to obtain feedback on how proposed reforms could affect Moody's operations and to develop policy positions that are aligned with corporate strategies
- Analyse regulatory and policy frameworks in jurisdictions where Moody's is, or is considering, carrying on business
- Analyse and advise on new regulatory initiatives around data storage and use
- Support effective communication to and by the Communications Team about regulatory and legislative developments
- Manage Moody's membership and interactions with selected trade associations
- Manage a unit, function within GPA and mentor junior members of GPA team
- Proactively propose strategic, long-term visions to Executive Leadership
- Proactively identify opportunities for change and development, present change analysis to management and lead the implementation through the GPA team
- Execute on the strategy and tasks with limited/no supervision
- Develop and maintain a broad network and strong relationships internally that foster mutual respect, teamwork and results and, as appropriate to the role, externally that fosters targeted levels of connectivity and results
- Provide presentation and training courses to other Moody's teams
Government & Public Affairs
Skills and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree is required. Advanced degree in a relevant field is preferred
- Significant post-qualification work experience focused on public policy, regulatory affairs or international relations
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High-level of competence in both written and verbal communication in English and at least one of another official language of the European Union.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks under limited supervision
- Comfortable in a multi-cultural and international work environment
- Evidence of dynamic, creative, and thoughtful approach to issues
- Interest in public policy particularly as it relates to financial markets
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively, internally and externally, with the most senior representatives of organisations
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate or manage cross-departmental projects
- Experience in regulatory affairs, compliance/enforcement or credit analytics
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.