Senior Risk Management Consultant - Financial Services Industry - (190000JV)
Your Role Deloitte
is a world leading professional services firm, providing accounting and auditing services, management consulting and legal and tax advice. In Belgium we are the largest professional service provider. Our offices offer services to multi-national and large organisations, public institutions and innumerable small, fast-growing companies. Thanks to a strong regional presence and our multi-disciplinary approach, we are ideally placed to meet the requirements of a wide range of public institutions and small and large companies.
Our Risk Advisory
practice is a global leader in helping clients manage risk and uncertainty from the boardroom to the network. We provide a broad array of services that allow our clients around the world to better measure, manage and control risk to enhance the reliability of systems and processes throughout their organization.
As part of a dynamic team that draws together specialist knowledge and experience in the Financial Services Industry, you will be working on financial and non-financial risk management in the banking and insurance sector, including the implementation of new financial sector regulation. This includes topics such as credit, market and liquidity risks, valuation of financial instruments including derivatives, Solvency II and Basel III implementation work, IFRS 9, IFRS 17, recovery and resolution, corporate and internal governance, regulatory compliance organization and monitoring, optimization of the risk function and internal audit.
With a strong understanding of the challenges our clients face, you will, as part of the FSI Risk Advisory team:
- Contribute to business development in the domain of financial risk advisory, both nationally and internationally;
- Advise on capital and accounting standards;
- Do both advisory assignments for our clients and actively contribute to audits on our audit mandate clients;
- Review and audit quantitative models for the calculation of insurance liabilities and capital requirements;
- Contribute to our growing number of assignments in the domain of Solvency II and IFRS;
- Actuarial analysis of processes, calculation models, methodologies and assumptions for both Insurance companies and pension funds.
- You have between 3 and 5 years of relevant experience;
- You have a thorough understanding of risk management practices at banks and/or insurers;
- A solid risk management background, gained either through audit (external or internal) or advisory in risk advisory/consulting, or a similar risk management function within a bank or insurer;
- You have a Master degree in Economics, Finance, Engineering or a related field;
- A good understanding of and a keen interest in the regulatory and accounting context within which banks operate;
- Show a keen interest in the financial sector and a strong desire to continue developing and integrating quantitative skills, both internally and for our clients;
- Your approach is client and result oriented and you have excellent social, communication and presentation skills;
- You have a critical and analytical mindset;
- A personal drive to make your mark in this domain;
- Be fluent in Dutch or French, and show working proficiency in English
- Have good communication skills, both oral and written. You will be part of a team servicing our clients and must be able to communicate effectively.
- As a consultant, it is important that you demonstrate flexibility and resourcefulness in adapting to client situations.
- You are open, creative, enthusiastic and your flexible attitude makes you a great team player;
- Proven PMO experience, or Prince 2 Advance certified, or equivalent;
- You have experience with topics such as Basel III, IFRS9, credit file review, performing audits and self-assessments, internal controls;
- Experience in ICAAP/ILAAP reporting and stress testing;
- Experience in recovery and/or resolution planning;
- Client facing experience and/or previous consulting experience;
- The occasion to work with a team of other Financial Services Industry consultants (risk measurement experts, risk modelling consultants, actuaries, business process experts, regulatory consultants, …) on large-scale implementation projects such as Solvency II, IFRS 4 Phase II, embedded value, accounting for insurance liabilities and economic capital;
- The possibility to work on a wide range of clients in FSI, including for regulators and supervisors in the financial sector.
- Access to the Deloitte national and international network of subject matter experts, supporting your personal learning and development
- A challenging, innovating environment with a good team spirit where personal development and growth are encouraged;
- A people focused culture of continuous learning and coaching; An attractive and competitive salary package with fringe benefits;
- Real career opportunities.
- Training and coaching in order to develop your knowledge and skills, management and business development capabilities.