Senior Legal Advisor
The Corporate structure team within Candriam Investors Group’s Legal department is in charge of monitoring the evolution of and complying with regulatory requirements related to corporate form and corporate law; negotiating corporate contracts, insurance and trademarks and managing litigation. To reinforce the corporate structure team, we are looking for a (m/w) in Belgium.
As Senior Legal advisor, you apply your knowledge and experience in corporate law.
- Monitoring evolution of and complying with regulatory requirements related to corporate form and corporate law
- Negotiating corporate contracts; contracts with third party service providers, managing insurance and trademarks
- Legal support to potential M&A transaction and/or corporate form modifications
- Legal support to data privacy questions / projects (GDPR)
- Managing litigations
The day to day responsibilities will include :
- Providing oral and written legal advice on implications of potential business decisions and initiatives.
- Proactively identify and address legal, corporate governance and regulatory issues and provide in-house guidance.
- Evaluate litigation risks and exposures.
- Draft and negotiate agreement with third party service providers.
- Participate to the legal and regulatory watch by writing memos about new European or local regulations applicable to your activity
- You hold a Master degree in Law
- Fluent in French and English
- At least 10 years of experience as a corporate lawyer
- Experience in the finance industry
- Thorough understanding of the latest regulatory development such as GDPR
- Rigorous, well organised and good administrative skills
- Must be able to work independently, collaboratively, multi task and make sound business and legal decisions under tight deadlines
- Team player with excellent communication skills