Senior Finance Business Advisor
- Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Jan 18 2018-01-15
Senior Finance Business Advisor
Are you looking for...
a financial controller function with internal stakeholder contacts for analysis and advice in the financial sector?
Are you also someone who is ...
- analytical and structured: you enjoy understanding the underlying evolution of figures and make analyses to give explanations and advice to your stakeholders
- a clear communicator: you are able to translate data to easily understandable information for non-finance specialists
- willing to take on different topics and actively take the lead to make improvements happen
- eye for detail without losing sight of the big picture
- self-starter and result-oriented, critical and a team player: you enjoy contributing to larger topics in collaboration with colleagues in and outside the team, challenging your colleagues to bring the results to a higher level
- balanced and mature counterparty towards business stakeholders
And you have as well ...
- a relevant masters degree: economics, business studies
- at least 5 years relevant working experience
- good knowledge of English and Dutch or French required
- perfect knowledge of Word/Excel/Powerpoint
- Banking experience and good understanding of banking performance metrics and concepts, for example fund transfer pricing, loan loss provisioning, risk weighted assets, ...
... then you are our new Financial Controller
Your role ...
- analyse multiple dimensions of the financials of ING Belgium and ING Luxemburg
- support and advice the departments and senior management of the bank in further developing their business and strategic decisions through ad hoc analysis and decision support analysis
- direct contact with heads of other support departments and their management team
- be a business partner in forecasting and budgeting
- participate in Finance and business projects to improve performance, results and processes
Your work environment at ING ...
ING Belgium is, as the first universal direct bank, a strong player on the Belgian market. The bank provides its customers with a wide rang of financial products and services via the distribution channel of their choice (click and face). Customers of ING Belgium are as well retail and private banking clients, as well as small, medium and large enterprises.
You will work within the area "Finance and Accounting" . The finance professionals from ING support the management and the business Lines when it comes to financial matters. Within the department, all reporting lines get together. The department is the financial heart of ING Belgium. The people working there are responsible for financial reporting and control, purchase and sale of business units, for capital planning and tax payments.
You will be working within the Financial Control teams in the Finance department and will be based in Brussels. Financial control consists of different teams divided amongst the domain of their analysis: Retail Banking, Wholesale Banking, Bank Treasury and Cost control. The output of the teams is discussed at Executive Committee level and their direct reports