Senior Consultant/Manager Restructuring Services - (1900008Y)
Your Role Deloitte
is a world leading professional services firm, providing accounting and auditing services, management consulting and legal and tax advice. In Belgium we are the largest professional service provider. Our offices offer services to multi-national and large organisations, public institutions and innumerable small, fast-growing companies. Thanks to a strong regional presence and our multi-disciplinary approach, we are ideally placed to meet the requirements of a wide range of public institutions and small and large companies. Team Deloitte Restructuring
is part of Deloitte Financial Advisory (FA)
. We are a team of about 100 employees, focusing on M&A, Corporate Finance, Operational Transaction Services, Due Diligence, Valuations and Real Estate.
We work with ambitious, highly educated individuals, often in multidisciplinary and international teams. We have an open, professional and informal company culture, offering opportunities for innovation, responsibility and initiative taking.
We think outside the box to help our clients with their changing and non-traditional business needs, often within a distressed environment. We provide continuous support to our employees, with relevant training programs, a specific competency model and contemporaneous feedback. Role
When supporting underperforming companies, a prompt and in-depth analysis is required. We provide independent advice to various stakeholders of underperforming companies (banks, equity owners, management) to support a restructure or turnaround plan.
In order to determine the grade of underperformance, an Independent Business Review (IBR)
is performed: this is an independent analysis of the business plan, which focuses on three sub-areas, each of them serving as a basis for a restructure: 1.Operations 2. Strategy and 3. Financial position. After assessment of the situation, we work with the stakeholders to prepare a restructuring plan for the business, often involving changes in organizational structure, strategy and financing.
The majority of restructuring projects involve an integrated Deloitte approach, including advice on operations, strategy and financial position, with support from our Debt Advisory, Corporate Finance, Strategy and Operational M&A teams. You will be involved within many aspects of the restructuring and you will get an in-depth knowledge of the end-to-end process. We represent all big Belgian banks, international bank syndicates, Private Equity houses as well as Management and Equity owners of companies.
As a Senior Consultant/Manager, you will work on each of the three areas, including operations
, as well as financial position
Amongst other responsibilities, you will focus on the interpretations of the analysis made in the IBR and provide recommendations to stakeholders based on this analysis. You will write reports regarding the proposed restructure of a company including, the operations, strategy and financial position and work closely with all stakeholders. As part of the restructuring plan, you may also be required to support the implementation of the plan. Your Profile
If you feel challenged by this role description and if you match the criteria below, we would like to meet you!
• 4 to 7 years
of relevant working experience, preferably in a consulting
, private equity
or a company
• Master's degree in economics or engineering
• Experience with operations and/or strategy
• Ability to read and interpret financial data
• Strong analytical skills, results oriented and strong attention to detail
• Knowledge of business law and more specifically bankruptcy regulations is a plus
• Team player with advanced communication skills
• Excellent stakeholder management skills
• Ability to recognize and understand the client needs
• Good knowledge of Dutch, French and English Offer
• Competitive salary package including fringe benefits
• You will be regarded as a key specialist within our organization; Your advice and output will be considered as strong added value for your colleagues and clients
• You will be part of a high performance M&A Corporate Finance team of approximately 100 employees
• Deloitte Belgium Financial Advisory is focusing on training, growth and development of its employees. We offer a clear career path and advanced learning programs.
• You will have the opportunity to quickly develop your leadership skills and to coach colleagues, within an ambitious team with strong team spirit and highly educated co-workers.
• You will often cooperate in multidisciplinary and international teams
• You will work in the new headquarter of Deloitte Belgium, situated at Zaventem airport. We also facilitate a flexible way of working, through 14 regional offices and through working from home.