- Not Specified
- Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
- Permanent, Full time
Senior Consultant/Manager M&A Value Creation Services
- Full time
- Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
- 14 Jun 19
Deloitte Financial Advisory (FA) is the global leader in integrated M&A Services. Value Creation Services (VCS) is part of FA and focuses on Operational Due Diligence (ODD), Post-merger integration (PMI) and carve-out, Turnaround and Performance Improvement, Cost savings programs, Restructuring, Short term cash flow reviews.
About the team
This is your opportunity to join our Deloitte’s Financial Advisory team. We are the global leader in integrated M&A Services. By cooperation between various specialists in Corporate Finance, Transactions, Value Creation and Restructuring services, Deloitte provides integrated solutions for every transaction process. Clients are mainly middle to large corporations and private equity houses. We define and execute growth strategies for our clients and guide them through every stage of a transaction so they achieve their aspirations.
As a Senior Consultant/Manager Value Creation Services, you will support our customers in their M&A and Restructuring endeavours. You advise medium to large corporations at C-Level, private equity houses and banks with the development and implementation of their growth or value creation strategy.
You will be a key member of a team with strategic, operational and financial experts that will be targeting corporates that are facing fundamental business challenges that might impact their long term viability or even lead to short term financial distress. You will be involved in identifying and analysing the causes of distress. Furthermore you will advise our clients on how to stabilise and take control of the situation. You will then explore options on how to achieve and implement a viable and defensible business strategy, supported by an adequate funding structure, which provides a sustainable and attractive solution for our clients.
You will work on a broad range of topics such as:
• Post-merger integration and carve-out
• Operational Due Diligence, synergy and business plan reviews
• Cost saving programs
• Financial and operational restructuring
• Short term cash flow reviews
The projects take on average three weeks to three months. You work in a senior advisory team and work closely with various internal and external stakeholders. This includes team members in Corporate Finance, Tax and Consulting (Strategy, Supply Chain, IT and HR) but also the buyer/seller, investment bank, lawyers and the project teams of the customer. You will be able to engage from day 1 at Exco level.
- 5 to 8 years of relevant experience, preferably in business strategy consulting, corporate development, corporate finance/M&A, performance improvement/cost reduction or equivalent work
- You have an MBA or a Master's degree in, for example, engineering, business or economics
- You have strong analytical and synthesis skills and have the ability to communicate complex issues clearly to the customer
- You have a decisive personality and are a team player with a hands-on and pragmatic approach
- You are strategic, results-oriented and customer aware
- You have a strong interest in M&A
- You are fluent in English with good knowledge of Dutch and French
- You have experience in team,- project,- and business development (for manager level)
- At Deloitte, we hire potential. We know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
- You will receive an attractive and competitive remuneration package with fringe benefits
- You will be regarded as a key specialist within the organization, where your advice and output is considered as real added value by your colleagues and clients
- You will be part of a high performance M&A Corporate Finance team of 100 Consultants and Partners
- You will work in a company, deeply committed to your personal development, offering clear career growth opportunities and continuous learning programmes
- You will have the possibility to quickly develop your leadership skills, and be given the opportunity to coach and nurture your colleagues who are ambitious, highly educated and have great team spirit
- You will often work in multidisciplinary and international teams on projects where you have a genuine impact on a client situation
- You will work in the new Deloitte headquarters on the Brussels Airport runway (Zaventem). We also facilitate a flexible way of working, through 14 regional offices and opportunities for working from home.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programmes at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people and for society, and make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, managers across our organisation:
- Develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Deliver exceptional client service, maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Influence clients, teams and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, align people to objectives and set priorities and direction