The Senior Accountant Manager is a newly created position operating as our senior lead for all accounting and tax related matters for our growing international portfolio of clients, many whom are corporate, private, as well as institutional (from all over the world), whom are investing in Belgium.
You have an important role as our subject matter expert in Accounting and Tax for our portfolio of international clients. In this client facing position, you will be leveraging your expertise and understanding of the local accounting and tax rules and relationship management skills to ensure that what we deliver to our clients meets our exceptional quality standards. Having the ability to operating at both hands on and advisory level with IQ-EQ’s international clients is essential. You will have the opportunity to lead and support a growing international accounting team towards positive results, shape and organise the function, streamline processes and make a difference.
This is an exciting time to join our Belgium office and grow your career.
- Act as counsel (accounting / tax) for client company management (corporate and fund services) and upon request by the local board of directors for IQ-EQ local management
- Perform complex work (generating most value for the firm), handle disputes and (accounting / tax) cases
- Act as liaison with the other staff, Client Service Directors, Compliance, and Management along with firm stakeholders across domains to ensure communication and solutions for our clients
- Define procedures and best practices across existing business operations and forthcoming regulations within the department
- Drive procedural and operational changes for continuous business improvement either directly or through key company initiatives
- Training and coaching of staff on the job such that their skills further develop by reviewing their work and giving input for learning
- Ensure compliance, risk policies and protocols are adhered to for all client work as well as deliver remediation strategies where required
Education / Professional Qualifications
- University degree or Masters in Accounting,Tax or equivalent is desirable
- Have at least 5 years of relevant work experience. Experience with resolving highly complex accounting and tax issues. Ability to comprehend and manage complex international clients and finance structures
Company, Product, Market knowledge
- Detailed knowledge of local Accounting and Tax rules. Professional services or services business background is desirable
Management & Leadership
- Strong communications and relationship skills. Experience motivating, guiding and coaching staff members
- Communicate fluently in English. French or Dutch is an asset