As a Risk Underwriter, you will assess (insurance) applications related to international trade transactions, conduct financial and qualitative analyses, appraise the political and structural risks and make recommendations on the acceptability of applications.
- You will decide on the acceptance of risks within your signing authority or submit proposals to decision committees.
- You will develop and manage relations with clients and/or brokers, both domestically and abroad.
- You will have a wide field of action: export finance, project finance, (structured) commodity finance, etc.
- Next to the underwriting tasks, you will be presented with the opportunity to work on a variety of in-house projects.
- You have a Master's degree in economics, supplemented with additional training in finance or international trade if possible. An additional law degree would be an added benefit.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in the financial sector.
- You have a good command of English allowing you to perform in an international environment, as well as an acceptable knowledge of Dutch and/or French.
- You combine a strong analytical mindset with a sense of synthesis and good editorial skills.
- You are well-organised, accurate and able to cope with tight deadlines.
- You like working autonomously and show team spirit.
- You have a broad interest in international trade, politics, commodity markets and emerging economies.
- To enhance and develop the client relationship, you are willing to occasionally travel abroad.
- A challenging career in a multilingual and international environment.
- Continuous learning opportunities to develop your talent.
- An attractive salary supplemented by a number of fringe benefits.
- Our Belgian offices are located in the center of Brussels, easily accessible by public transport.