Risk Advisory Consultant
- A competitive salary + benefit package
- Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 May 19
FUNCTION As Consultant you help our clients ensuring that risks inherent to the Bank’s activity are identified, assessed, treated, monitored and reported appropriately. More precisely, you will participate or lead engagements in the Risk Advisory practice related to the design and implementation of risk management applications and processes. You work as a member of our team of talented individuals with a broad range of analytical and technical skills.
Your responsibilities may include the following various possibilities:
- Act as subject matter expert, business or functional analyst in different risk domains (credit, market, ALM, liquidity...)
- Analyzing and interpreting complex risk regulations
- Playing the role of interface between the business parties and the technical team and translate business requirements into detailed business specifications for IT
- Enhance or update risk management policies & procedures
- Participate to the implementation of various risk tools of solutions
- Develop & automate the production of risk & regulatory reportings
- Proactively suggest tailor-made solutions, taking into account the client’s environment and his capacity to comply with the different regulations
- Defining and re-engineering of risk management processes
In addition to this role, you will also be able:
- To build and maintain close relationships with our clients
- Participate in business development initiatives or internal projects
- Raise and market the Finalyse image in the financial industry through publications in our Regbrief, participation in external conferences or networking events
- You have a Master Degree in econometrics, physics, mathematics, computer sciences or applied economics.
- An advanced degree in finance and/or a certification like CFA, FRM, PRM is a distinct advantage.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in the banking sector and good understanding of how risk models, data and processes interact. A first exposure to consulting in the financial industry is a plus.
- You have already some basic knowledge of regulatory topics driving the evolution of capital/risk/liquidity domains in banks.
- You have good functional/technical skills related to software solutions like Moody’s, SAS or Wolters Kluwer in the different risk domains.
- You have good communication, writing and presentation skills with the ability to explain sophisticated issues in a simple but professional way.
- You are open to travel inside Europe.
- You are fluent in French or Dutch (both verbal and written)
- You have good communication, writing and presentation skills in English
- The opportunity to join young, dynamic and passionate colleagues recognised for their expertise
- An excellent working environment, offering you the opportunity to define your own specialisation and career within our flat and flexible structure
- A competitive remuneration package with flexible working arrangements
- Extensive training programmes adapted to your personal needs, both on technical matters as well as on softs skills
- The opportunity to take initiatives and responsibilities quickly in a fast growing company
- Travel opportunities inside European countries