Research Manager, Invest Europe, Leading Trade Association, Brussels, Belgium
Our client is Invest Europe, one of Europe's most influential trade associations in the financial services industry. Their contribution to policies affecting the entire private capital investment industry is widely recognised and continues to support its sustainable growth in Europe. The new hire will be a key member of the research department which provides insight and interpretation of critical data on private equity in Europe. The position is based in Brussels, Belgium. RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will take full ownership of a wide range of research projects, working closely with internal partners, senior management from across the membership and service providers.
- Organising workshops and preparing presentations on various topics, e.g. research projects and database development will also be part of your daily tasks. You will also be responsible for the preparation of an annual activity report.
- Besides leading the operational development of data collection in liaison with partnering associations, you will also be responsible for the planning and monitoring of the data collection process.
- Coordinate and review statistics of the pan-European private equity industry provided by internal and external teams, and monitor external publications concerning the sector.
- Furthermore, you will deal with information requests from members, journalists and organisations and provide market intelligence.
- You will prepare desk research and presentations for internal and external use in conferences, speeches and interviews; writing, editing and reviewing of key research and policy reports for awareness campaigns is also a critical part of the role.
- Active participation in conferences, trainings and networking events.
- Master degree in Economics, Finance or related disciplines.
- Significant professional experience as project manager, or researcher and / or in the financial sector, for example in M&A, Consulting, Private Equity / Venture Capital, Transaction Services. Knowledge about private equity is not required but will be helpful.
- Experience as a project manager is key to succeed in this position.
- You should have strong analytical skills and an affinity for numbers, confident in understanding and presenting figures and statistics in a comprehensive manner.
- Very strong command of Microsoft Excel is essential; knowledge about Power BI is a plus, but not necessary.
- You are a team player who is organised, accurate and able to work independently. A self-starter with a hands-on mentality, keen to take on responsibility in a dynamic research environment.
- Excellent oral and written English skills. Knowledge of additional languages, in particular French, are advantageous.