Principal, Compliance & Control - AML Officer
Job Purpose :
- Assist the BNYM SA/NV Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) in:
- fulfilment of regulatory obligations as required under applicable Belgian AML / CFT legislation and regulations and
- in fulfilment of BNYM applicable policy obligations, notably the Global Economic Sanctions Policy (I.A.150) and Global Anti-Money Laundering/Know Your Customer Policy (I.A.250);
- Act as back-up of the BNYM SA/NV MLRO in her absence.
Provide support to the BNYM SA/NV Money Laundering Reporting Officer in ensuring that the BNYM SA/NV AML framework is compliant with applicable AML/ CFT obligations in assisting in the following tasks: Advisory:
- Provide financial crime advice and guidance to business / operational staff, as required;
- Review relevant financial crime related consultation papers and draft legislation / regulations / rules / guidance and co-ordinate a response, gap analysis and work with the business on implementation where appropriate;
- Provide input to training and awareness for BNYM SA/NV staff and assist with the development of financial crime related training programmes as necessary;
- Review and approve relevant business procedures / manuals, including business updates following regulatory change;
- Assist businesses in ensuring that AML issues are addressed in the event of changes to systems, client take-ons, acquisitions and any other relevant projects;
- Review PEP and High Risk BNYM SA/NV relationships;
- Assist the business to prepare and review all relevant submissions for EMEA Anti-Money Laundering Oversight Committee (EAMLOC) in advance of monthly meeting;
- Prepare the monthly BNYM SA/NV High Risk Client Advisory Group meeting documentations (agenda, papers);
- Provide monthly management information for inclusion in SA/NV Committees (to include BNY SA/NV Risk Management Committee, BNYM SA/NV Executive Committee, BNYM SA/NV Risk Committee of the Board and the BNYM SA/NV Board);
- Oversight of outsourced activities including: review and clearance of AML surveillance alerts, sanctions clearance, KYC outsourced to the AML Due Diligence Team and conduct sampling in relation to all outsourced activities;
- Coordinate, advise on and review relevant business AML and ABC Risk Assessments;
- Keep up-to-date with EMEA-wide financial crime related developments and issues;
- Conduct BNYM SA/NV financial crime compliance monitoring plan;
- Ensure that monitoring is recorded via the global compliance Monitoring System, with appropriate reporting and follow up of action items raised;
- Tracking and follow-up of action items and recommendations made following AML compliance monitoring reviews;
- In coordination with the EMEA financial crime team (EFCT), conduct additional reviews to test the effectiveness of controls as directed.
Generic Staff Responsibilities:
- Maintenance, review and update of BNYM SA/NV AML policy and procedures.
- Preparation of regulatory reports (answers to the annual NBB AML questionnaire, annual MLRO report etc) as required
- Deal with relevant regulatory correspondence both to and from regulatory authorities, as part of regular reporting requirements, and on issues arising in respect of financial crime.
- Ensure internal SARs are reviewed and reported in accordance with policy and local laws and regulations
Qualifications Job Specific Competencies:
- Comply with all corporate policies and procedures within the department;
- Alert management immediately of any significant changes to business risks and internal controls effectiveness;
- Notify management immediately of any regulatory breach;
- Comply with health and safety policies and procedures operating within the business.
Technical Skills, Knowledge, Systems Knowledge(and associated skill level):
- Investigative and questioning nature:
- Excellent inter-personal skills;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload;
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with various levels of management.
- Strong prior experience in the field of AML;
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving ability and attention to detail;
- Demonstrable knowledge of current relevant Financial Crime deterrents and initiatives;
- Knowledge of the Belgium and European Financial Crime regulatory environment;
- Fluent in English and French/Dutch.
- Customer Orientation;
- Interpersonal Skills;
- Managing Risk
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Primary Location:
- Academic degree;
- Relevant experience in Financial Crime.
Belgium-Brussels-Capital Region-Brussels Job:
Compliance Internal Jobcode:
Compliance & Ethics-HR06015 Requisition Number: