Operations Specialist - Product Specialist Team Corporate Lending
Operations Specialist Permanent position , Fulltime, Brussels - Marnix Your role & work environment Corporate Lending
is part of Wholesale Banking department. We work in close collaborationwith the Corporate clients team , Credit Risk Management, Account management,foreign ING branches and other product teams such as Syndication desk, Payment& Cash management (PCM); Financial Markets (FM); ...
Corporate Lending offers solutions for thefinancing needs of their clients, and is end to end responsible for the lendingprocess. After the intake meeting with the client, the deal is analysed,structured and submitted to the Credit Risk Department. Once the decision isreceived, the documentation bilateral or syndicated is drafted and/ornegotiated with the client or their legal counsels. Upon reception of thesigned documentation the Lending department assures that the contract iscorrectly reflected in the systems and does the follow up / monitoring on thefacility during the entire life cycle.
WithinCorporate Lending (team of around 40 people), you will become part of the ProductSpecialist team responsible for all documentation related tasks (team of around10 people). You will work in close collaboration with the Transaction &Advisory team of Corporate Lending (Brussels & Dublin) and assure a smoothhandover to the Deal Execution team who is responsible to administer thefacilities in the credit systems. Your key responsibilities will be:
- Verifyingthat policies and processes are followed;
- Performing4 eyes on loan and securities documentation;
- GivingTrainings and Coachings;
- Preparinglessons learned;
- Supportingin case of internal and external audits;
- Draftingof loan and securities documentation;
- Performingchecks on external credit and security documentation (drafted by Lawyers) for our Corporate Clients in Belgium and ourNordic clients (for which the transaction management is located in Dublin);
- Gatheringevidences that the "know your customer" requirements are fulfilled;
- GatheringING signatories according to our Minimum Standards proxies;
- Toverify that all conditions mentioned in the loan documentation are met andconfirm this to the deal execution team. ( signatories of the client,perfection of covers...);
- Archivingof all original documents.
We look for
A colleague witha talent for taking it on and making ithappen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and aknack for always being a step ahead.In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challengesin a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborativeperson who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love tochallenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions toproblems.
If you have
- aBachelor or Master degree
- a goodknowledge of Lending products andprocesses
- agood knowledge of English, French and Dutch (written and oral)
- goodanalytical skills and ability to deal with complexity
and you are
- flexibleand eager to learn new things
- clientoriented and proactive in looking for solutions and improvements
- ableto work autonomously and capable of working towards deadline
- preciseand have an eye for detail, with good writing skills
- exitedto coach and train people
... thenyou are our new Operations Specialist We offer you
A clearpurpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and otherbenefits:
- Personalgrowth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise yourambitions
- Aninformal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting yourendeavours
- Aprogressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead ofconvention
Furthermore, withinthe Corporate Lending department, you can count on a range of opportunities toinvest in your personal and professional growth with:
We redefine banking. What aboutyou?
- thepossibility to participate in courses and trainings
- e.g.challenging projects & a steep learning curve
There hasnever been a more interesting time to work at ING. We're on a journey that'scentred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart,determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay astep ahead in life and in business. We're proud of that!