- Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
- Permanent, Full time
Operational Risk Manager
Within the Global Risk Management department (23 people altogether in our offices in Belgium, France and Luxembourg), you will join the Operational Risk Management team, whose job it is to identify, control and report operational risks for the whole of the Candriam Investors Group.
- You help diminish the group’s operational risk through your critical analysis of operational incidents, assessment of potential risks, drafting and follow-up of action plans and implementation of key indicators;
- You help maintain the Business Continuity Plan and any BCP upgrades; you also monitor the Disaster Recovery Plan;
- You co-manage information security, in particular through measures designed to increase colleagues’ awareness, keeping related policies and procedures up to date, analysing the risks involved in new projects and requests from other departments and by analyzing the results of the controls effected by IT Security.
- You help other departments monitor operational risks specific to subcontractors and suppliers;
- You carry out certain periodic controls in, for example, compliance with the contractual rules governing private mandates, the calculation of performance fees and the monitoring of trading activities;
- You actively help organise and follow up Operational Risk Committee meetings.
- You have at least 2-to-4 years’ experience in asset management or in the banking sector, ideally as an auditor, operational risk manager or an equivalent position;
- You have good knowledge of financial instruments and of the nuts and bolts of financial institutions;
- You are rigorous, critically minded and pragmatic;
- You are a good communicator, flexible and driven;
- You are an IT and new technologies nerd;
- You know your way around MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel); knowledge of VBA and/or Access programming would also come in handy ;
- You are team-minded and adapt easily to a multi-cultural environment;
- You are fluent in French and speak good English. Knowledge of Dutch or any other European language will enhance your application.