Operational Risk Manager
Function based in Brussels
As a member of the Global Risk Management department (23 people working in Belgium, France and Luxembourg), you will be part of the Operational Risk Management Team, in charge of assessing, monitoring and reporting on operational risks within Candriam Investors Group.
- You will contribute towards reducing group operational risk through the critical analysis of operational incidents and directly carrying out or overseeing potential risk assessment, defining and controlling action plans and implementing key indicators;
- You will maintain and control specific operational risks relating to subcontractors and suppliers working closely with the other business units;
- You will support the Information Security Management team, chiefly by participating in employee awareness schemes, by maintaining policies and procedures, by analysing risks incurred by new projects and requests from other departments and by analysing data and information provided by the IT department;
- You will coordinate Business Continuity Plan maintenance and any changes to the plan, chiefly in a back-up role to the person in charge of the BCP, and also supervise the Disaster Recovery Plan;
- You will support the team undertaking periodic controls of certain procedures such as ensuring the respect of contractual rules and private mandates, calculating performance fees, stock-loan, etc.
- You will actively participate in the organisation and surveillance of the Operational Risk Committee.
- You have 3 to 5 years' experience in asset management or in the banking sector, ideally as an auditor or an operational risk manager or in an equivalent role
- You have in-depth knowledge of financial instruments and financial institution procedures
- You have an analytical profile and are pragmatic with good communication and synopsis skills
- You are an IT enthusiast and appreciate new technologies
- You are fluent in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel). VBA and/or Access programming skills are also an advantage
- You have a strong sense of team spirit and you can adapt easily to a multicultural environment
- You speak French fluently and have good English knowledge. Knowledge of Dutch or other European languages is also an advantage.