- Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
- Permanent, Full time
Middle Office Trade Validation Officer
The Belgium Middle Office, based in Brussels, comprises two entities with a total of about 20 employees. Its operating scope includes SICAV funds, dedicated funds, and insurance, institutional and private mandates. It handles matching and settlement of transactions, reconciles cash and securities positions (corporate actions & income, etc.), processes administrative and operational flows of mandates and funds, and generates client valuations. The Middle Office takes part in various cross-disciplinary projects. These include organising and following up on projects to analyse and implement new cash flows (new financial instruments, new counterparties, etc.), and constantly enhancing Straight Through Processing.
The Middle Office Trade Validation Office (6-person team) has multiple duties:
- Daily processing of transactions executed by Candriam fund managers, with confirmation notices received from counterparties, and transmission to depositary banks for settlement/delivery and/or fund administrators for incorporation in net asset values and oversight of pending orders;
- Proactive oversight of transaction settlement/delivery on the market in conjunction with depositary banks and counterparties;
- Monitoring of counterparty activity and operational quality;
- Procedural development and updates.
The ideal applicant:
- holds a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree with a major in finance or economics or similar experience;
- Middle Office experience in Asset Management is a plus;
- holds knowledge of Front-to-Back flows for different types of financial instruments;
- is proficient with Omgeo tools (CTM/Alert) - proficiency with SWIFT messages is a plus;
- is an analytical, rigorous, assertive, autonomous, and results-driven team player and self-starter who constantly seeks ways to enhance existing processes;
- performs well in stressful situations;
- is highly skilled in English, French and Dutch.