- Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
- Permanent, Full time
- Full time
- Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
- 23 Mar 19
Manager Sustainability - (1900001F)
Deloitte is a world leading professional services firm, providing accounting and auditing services, management consulting and legal and tax advice. In Belgium we are the largest professional service provider. Our offices offer services to multi-national and large organisations, public institutions and innumerable small, fast-growing companies. Thanks to a strong regional presence and our multi-disciplinary approach, we are ideally placed to meet the requirements of a wide range of public institutions and small and large companies.
Our Risk Advisory practice is a global leader in helping clients manage risk and uncertainty from the boardroom to the network. We provide a broad array of services that allow our clients around the world to better measure, manage and control risk to enhance the reliability of systems and processes throughout their organization.
You will be part of a dynamic team that takes a practical and business-focused approach to helping companies build sustainability into their strategy and operations as a way to improve and protect margins, build brand value, and enhance risk resilience with the goal of supporting business growth. Our professionals work with companies to evaluate and develop sustainable strategies that can help drive toward near-term and long-term results.
With a strong understanding of the sustainability challenges our clients face, you will take a key role in our Sustainability team.
- Contribute to the risk analysis and business development in the domain of sustainability advisory, both nationally and internationally;
- Contribute to embed sustainability in the value chain of our clients by developing a road map to address sustainability risks and opportunities, stakeholder engagement and communications, and brand enhancement programs, as well as prioritizing sustainability initiatives through detailed value quantification;
- Contribute to refine operations and the supply chain of our clients by addressing diverse issues such as supplier engagement, sourcing and procurement, packaging, closed loop recycling, supply chain transparency, and human and labor rights.
- Contribute to improve collection and reporting of data in compliance with laws, regulations, and stakeholder expectations
- Participate in the career and performance development of the Deloitte Risk Advisory practice by serving as a career counselor, training consultants and providing timely and specific performance feedback;
- Be trained and coached in order to develop your knowledge and skills, management and business development capabilities.
- You have 6 to 10 years of relevant experience at large brands and/or consultancy firms;
- You obtained a master degree in engineering or in science with a focus on environmental management;
- You have a strong knowledge of EU policy areas related to product stewardship, environment, circular economy and sustainable production and consumption with a proven ability to translate policy developments to potential business impacts;
- You combine technical expertise with a drive for project management and business development;
- Your approach is client and result oriented and you have excellent social, communication and presentation skills;
- You are a fluent communicator with a deep network of divers stakeholders;
- You are experienced in leading and coaching a team of people;
- You can express yourself fluently in English, Dutch and French.
- The occasion to work with a team of other sustainability consultants supported by Deloitte's Centre of Excellence in Paris (BIO IS powered by Deloitte);
- A challenging, innovating environment with a good team spirit where personal development and growth are encouraged;
- A people focused culture of continuous learning and coaching;
- An attractive and competitive salary package with fringe benefits;
- Real career opportunities.