Java Dev Engineer / Ingénieur (H/F)
Java DevEngineer - Customer Information Management Brussels
Your role & work environment
You are an energetic DevEngineer with a passion for IT and a positive can-do mindset. You are a teamplayer working as a core member of a multidisciplinary and cross-functionalsquad whom primary driver is the customer. Close collaboration within and acrossthe squads and with the consumer is of utmost importance for you.
You have a broad anddiverse set of competencies that allow you to design, develop, test and deliverapplications in the scope of your squad. When necessary, you will alsocontribute to applications maintenance, administering them and eventuallydecommissioning them.
As a Dev Engineer, youcontribute to accomplishing the squad's purpose. You do this by working on thecustomer journey from the backlog, using the Agile method end-to-end. Youcontinuously strive to improve yourself and your colleagues.
Your key responsibilities
As a Dev Engineer, youcontrol both the design phase and the actual development and testing of ourapplications. You understand the entire stack, so that you can bringapplications into production and resolve incidents in cooperation with the OpsEngineer.
You are in constant dialogue with your tribe: you understand the goal ofour business and work in a team of experts to find the most relevant solutionfor the customer's needs
The following items arevital in this:
- You build, enhance and maintain Java based applications, toolingsand scripts.
- Hands-on experience with the design, development and test of Javabased applications clearly is an asset in this respect. Knowledge of any otherprogramming language will be highly appreciated. Willingness to learn otherprogramming codes is indispensable.
- You apply continuous delivery practices as part of your dailywork.
- You also have functional knowledge of Master Data Management andmore specific of Customer Information Management in a banking environment.
- You consult with the team about what is needed to fulfil thefunctional and non-functional requirements of the IT product to be developed.
- You implement all mandatory security standards to ensure IT riskis and remain under control
- You perform Life Cycle Management (including decommissioning).
Contribute to the new way of working
- You use your technical expertise and experience to contribute tothe Agile ceremonies in a Spotify model (stand-up, refinement, retrospective,marketplace...).
- Where possible, you take on tasks/activities that contribute tothe purpose, even when they are not entirely within your area of expertise.
- You contribute to the development of your squad by activelygiving and receiving feedback.
- You continuously develop your own expertise while gathering,updating and spreading knowledge about developments and challenges regardingyour field and embed lessons learned and best practices.
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making ithappen
, enthusiasm for helpingothers to be successful
and a knack for always being a step ahead
. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideasto life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment.
As a Dev Engineer youwill also need:
Skills and competences
- Be pro-active, assertive and a good communicator is a main skill
- A passion for IT
- To be a strong team player, empowering and challengingsquad/chapter members to foster collaboration and individual development
- IT market focus: seeking for major trends in the new way ofworking, including Lean IT, continuous delivery, cloud processes, etc.
- Eagerness to learn and ability to coach others
Experience and specialized knowledge
- You have very good knowledge and experience on following tools,languages, ... : Java 8, Websphere 8.5, SQL, APIs, Spring,...
- You are familiar with continuous integration and delivery(GitLab, Jenkins, Artifactory,...).
- You are familiar with testing, including Test-Driven Development(TDD), end-to-end testing and Test automation.
- Monitoring tool knowledge (eg Splunk, Kibana).
- Designing and design for failure
- Coding and/or package integration
- Security & IT Risk
Education and Professionalcertifications
- Bachelor's or Master's degree or equivalent by experience
- Good written and spoken knowledge of English
- Certifications and/or proven proficiency in software development
- Certifications and/or proven proficiency in one or moreprogramming/scripting languages
We offer you
- Challenging projects & extensive learning options
- A new office space
- Personal coaching from Agile Coaches and expert team members
- 30+ holidays to spend as you see fit
- Flexible reward plan with options like car lease, pensionsavings, extra holidays
- Option to work from home