Investment Associate, Top Food and Agri Tech Focussed Venture Capital Fund, Brussels, Belgium
Our client is an impact Venture Capital fund investing globally in technology-led food and agriculture businesses. They are currently investing from their significant maiden fund and have ambitious growth plans for the future.
They have a flexible mandate, typically investing between ₠1 - 10mn at Seed through Series D in companies that have existing revenues and are looking to scale rapidly. They have a truly global mandate, with strong networks across the US, Europe and beyond, and are targetting the full spectrum of upstream and downstream players in the FoodTech and AgTech space.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-capitalised and impressive team, playing a key role in deploying the fund into some of the most exciting themes surrounding the future of Food and Agriculture. It is a collaborative group and provides a great environment to develop your investing career.
An Investment Associate will be a crucial part of the investment team based in Brussels. They will be given a high degree of autonomy and the role will encompass the full investment cycle from sourcing through deal execution and supporting the portfolio companies. It is a young and dynamic team and they are looking for someone who matches their ambitions and drive. Joining their maiden fund provides a unique opportunity to help mould the firm as it grows. You will work in an extremely flat structure, working closely with senior members of the investment team as well as current Investment Associates, who also bring previous Venture investment experience. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use your existing network and build on this to source potential investments and conduct initial screening
- Be an ambassador in the market for the fund
- Conduct due diligence to assess the quality of investment opportunities and whether to move forward in the investment process
- Assist the execution of investments, from term sheets to negotiation
- Assist with delivering returns objectives of each investment and the portfolio as a whole
- Full time work experience, most likely from an early-stage fund but also from top financial institutions with hands-on exposure to deal management
- Familiarity with term sheets and cap tables
- Extensive quantitative and anlytical skills are essential
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience in FoodTech and AgTech is not a necessity but a genuine passion for the space is key
- Effective under pressure
- Ambitious, self-starters