- Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium Brussels Bruxelles-Capitale BE
- Permanent, Full time
- National Bank of Belgium
- 16 Mar 18 2018-03-16
The National Bank of Belgium (NBB) is recruiting an inspector IT risks (F/M) for its Specific operational functions department. This department includes inspectors for the prudential supervision, expert centres for IT and internal models, as well as the internal development and support of IT applications for the prudential supervision. The expert centre for IT ensures that financial institutions manage their IT risks adequately, and covers all aspects of this IT supervision: drafting of policy and methodology, carrying out inspections and various types of risk analyses. The team operates both in a Belgian and an international context.
We offer you a challenging and interesting job as an IT inspector within an international and dynamic team of supervisors. Do you have knowledge of IT risk management, IT audit and/or IT security? Are you aware of the latest developments and trends in IT (cyber attacks, malware, Fintech, Blockchain, etc.)? Are you looking for important responsibilities in the IT supervision of multiple financial institutions to contribute in this way to the stability of the financial system? Do you want to get to know the Belgian and European financial sector better? Do you want to get the chance to travel?
The inspector IT risks has a diverse set of tasks. He:
- analyses and assesses the prudential IT risks within financial institutions (banks, insurance companies, payment institutions, etc.) with a special focus on cybercrime, IT continuity/availability, IT outsourcing, cloud computing, Fintech, software development, project management and data quality
- carries out IT inspections at the institutions under supervision, both in Belgium and abroad
- keeps himself up-to-date regarding recent developments through meetings with the IT management, the specialized IT control functions (security officer, BCP/DRP manager, IT risk management) and the internal audit at the institutions under supervision, including for the risk analysis of strategic files
- contributes to the development of the prudential policy, methodologies and transversal analyses at the IT level throughparticipation in internal, Belgian and international working groups.
The ideal candidate should:
- hold a degree of engineer, master in mathematics and/or computer science, or another master's degree, supplemented with thorough knowledge of IT processes and technologies in the financial sector
- have experience in IT audit
- apply a methodological approach to the analysis of IT processes and risks and when suggesting appropriate solutions
- have an analytical character and a sense of synthesis
- dare to take initiatives
- be able to function both independently and in a dynamic team
- be assertive and display argumentation skills
- possess good communication and writing skills
- have a thorough knowledge of English, Dutch and French
- be willing to travel for work
- 02/04/2018: closing date for application
- April 2018: online tests/interview
- May 2018: assessment
- June 2018: final selection interview.
Applications will only be considered if they are accompanied by a covering letter, a CV and a copy of the diploma(s) and the corresponding annexes (list of ECTS points if available). Foreign diplomas must be accompanied by an attestation of equivalence.