IT Ops Engineer
IT OPS Engg
As an OpsEngineer, you control the operational activities in the squad and activelycontribute to the testing of applications / infrastructure services. Youunderstand the entire stack, so that you can bring applications orinfrastructure services into production and resolve incidents in cooperationwith the Dev Engineer. This means you can contribute to completion of allactivities in the backlog. The following items are vital in this:
Contribute to the new way of working
• Youwork together with colleagues from other areas of expertise and take initiativein expanding knowledge (both within and outside of your area of expertise) thatis relevant for the Tribe in which you work.
• Youuse your technical expertise and experience to contribute to all sprint events(planning, refinements, retrospectives, demos).
• Where possible, you take ontasks/activities that contribute to the mission,even when they are notentirely within your area of expertise.
• Youhave an up-to-date vision regarding IT expertise and you also have functionalknowledge of some analytics domain.
• Youare able to get all typical and other backlog items (user stories) from 'to do'to 'done'.
• Youconsult with the team about what is needed to fulfil the functional andnon-functional requirements of the IT product to be developed.
• Youtest IT products (functional, performance, resilience and security tests) inline with the customer's requirements and IT Area' set of guidelines.
• Youimplement all mandatory security standards to ensure IT risk is and remainunder control
• Youanalyse and solve incidents and problems.
• Youperform Life Cycle Management(including decommissioning) for IT products undermanagement.
• Youapply continuous delivery practices:
- Writefully automated tests (e.g., unit-, functional-, non-functional-and integration testing)
- Build, enhance and maintain tooling and scripts to automate repetitiveor error prone tasks
Contribute to team and personal development
• Youcontribute to the development of your squad by actively giving and receivingfeedback.
• Asan experienced Ops Engineer, you coach less experienced colleagues to helptheir individual development.
• Youare responsible for developing your own expertise.
• Yougather, update and spread knowledge about developments and challenges regardingyour field and embed lessons learned and best practices.
We look for
A colleague with a talentfor taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others tobe successful. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life andembrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are anaturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others toachieve common goals.
As an Ops Engineer you willalso need to:
- Be experienced in Agile and Continuous Delivery practices
- Be pro-active, assertive and a good communicator
- Have an excellent written and spoken knowledge of English
(knowledge of Dutch and/or French is an asset)
- Have an understanding of network technologies and middleware
- Have an understanding of server technologies (OS, DB, Web, proxy)
- Have an understanding of scripting and reporting.
- Have understanding of atleast one programming language(Java)