Financial Boarding (4/8 years experience in Finance)
- Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
- Permanent, Full time
- ENGIE CC
- 20 Nov 17
In 2007, the Group's Finance Department created the Financial Boarding program in order to meet its challenges, both in terms of mobility and developing senior managers. For the last 10 years over 50 Financial boarders have been integrated through the program and some have since then taken a senior position either in Group Headquarters or within the Business Units worldwide.
The Financial Boarding is a program for the integration of external candidates with professional experience of 5 to 7 years, based on the realization of three 8-month missions within the Finance department of the Group. The employees involved in this program are assigned specific missions within the Finance Functions at Headquarters (Paris / Brussels) but also within the Group’s 24 Business Units worldwide. Typical missions include but are not limited to departments such as Acquisition, Investment and Financial Advisory (Internal Investment Bank), M&A Department, Treasury, Corporate Financing (Bond, rating), Financial Planning and Accounting, External Financial Communication (Investors Relations), Financial Risk Management (FX and IR hedging). The candidate is mainly assigned missions with the aim of completing their financial experience with functions that he or she has not faced in the past.
During these missions, the financial boarder (‘mission manager’) is attached hierarchically to the head of the department concerned / applicant and functionally to the Director of the Financial Boarder program. Thanks to a good understanding of the stakes of the various financial and operational functions of the Group and to the creation of a genuine internal network, he or she is destined to evolve within the Group towards positions of responsibility.
After the three 8-month missions, with the experience and the additional skills acquired, the employee is then assigned a permanent mission within the Finance Department. The candidate is expected to stay at least 6 years within the finance function after the financial boarding.
Required professional profile
- University-level training (University / College of Business or Engineering School + MBA)
- 4 to 7 years of experience in a financial department or in a consulting firm (audit), industry or investment bank, having made it possible to acquire a technical base in finance
- English, French. Knowledge of Chinese, Spanish, German, Arabic or Russian is an asset
- Maturity, autonomy and ability to work in a team
- Ability to communicate with and convince interlocutors of any level
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Previous experience (and / or wish to continue a career) internationally
- Intellectual curiosity, adaptability, willingness to progress
- Having a sense of “delivery”
- Ability to work in a team and in multi-cultural environments
- Ability to work on several projects in parallel and to work effectively under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills, strong team spirit, Leadership skills
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Salary range (55-75K) gross and fixed (w/o Bonus)
- At least 2 missions in ENGIE HQ in Paris / Brussels
- In general a mission of 8 months within a BU possibly outside of Europe