Finance process and support Officer
- Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Apr 19
Finance process and support Officer
Finance process and supportofficer
Your role& work environment
Within theFinance department the Finance Services teams deliver operational financeservices for all stakeholders regarding accounting, financial reporting andmanagement reporting, including quality and consistency controls. They areresponsible for data management and analysis, Finance applications and processmanagement.
As a Finance process and support officer you are responsible to improve and supportFinance processes:
- Analyse and propose processimprovements to enable operational excellence
- Analyse changes that may havean impact on existing processes and implement them
- Maintain and implement efficient enduser computing solutions
As a Finance processand Support officer your responsibilities will be amongst the following :
- In collaboration with Process Owners, contribute to process descriptionby making sure that the applicable standards are respected.
- Identify gaps or inefficiencies in processes, come with proposals toreview the design and help in the implementation of process improvement
- Replicate and harmonize best practices across the various activities
- Assess the impact of changes on existing processes and help the processowner in the implementation of changes
- Launch and coordinate process automation initiatives in collaborationwith the central Robotics Process Automation team
- Help in the strengthening the control environment by identifying new(automated) controls
- Understand the End User Computing environment and provide guidance, recommendationsand support to users
- Maintain, support and document existing IT tools
- Implement End User Computing minimum standard within the department
- Understand and document the various technical checks existing atapplication level or between applications
- Be a sparring partners with IT colleagues and support the change managementprocess of the Bank
A colleaguewith a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasmfor helping others to be successful and a knack for always being astep ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life andembrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are anaturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achievecommon goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to proposecreative solutions to problems.
The futureFinance employee has strong communication skills, is analytical andmulti-disciplinary, has an independent critical attitude, is a team player, isknowledgeable on Finance matters, embraces change and has a strong customerfocus
As a Finance processand Support officer, you will also need the following qualifications andcompetences:
- Required level of education: master / bachelor
- Level of years relevantexperience : 3 - 7
- English : advanced
- Good knowledge of businessprocess management methodologies
- Ability to work in an Agileway of working
- Technical : advanced enduser computing skills to manage complex data sets in different tools (mainly inMS Excel), use of data warehousing query systems (Knowledge of Business Objectis the plus)
- Problem analysis andjudgment: curious to find data issues, categorise and report to stakeholders
- Planning and organisation:set priorities for process and data improvement, work with IT for developingsolutions on data issues and follow up
- Communication : able tomaintain a permanent dialogue with all stakeholders (mainly Finance, & IT)on what drives the quality of the data and how to technically improve it
We offer you
A clearpurpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and otherbenefits:
- Personal growth &challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
- An informal, dynamicenvironment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
- A progressive and agile wayof working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
Furthermore, within the Finance department, you can count on a range ofopportunities to invest in your personal and professional growth including
- the possibility toparticipate in courses and trainings
- challenging projects &a steep learning curve
- the possibility to evolvefrom one job to another easily within Finance, in order to build a fullknowledge of the Finance business in a major bank.
- an easy road into otherjobs outside Finance, since you are in contact with a lot of stakeholders inthe bank
We redefinebanking. What about you?
There hasnever been a more interesting time to work at ING. We're on a journey that'scentred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart,determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay astep ahead in life and in business. We're proud of that!