Finance Reporting Officer
- Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Feb 18 2018-02-18
Finance Reporting Officer
Vacancy Financial & Regulatory Reporting Officer
Are you curious about the broad pallet of financial information a bank has to provide nowadays?
Is understanding these Finance reports something you see as a challenge and a continuous learning process?
Do you want to become a spokesperson towards regulators and government bodies?
Then our open position as "Financial & Regulatory Reporting Officer" is a unique opportunity...
Are you someone who ...
- Has as trademark to ensure that statutory and regulatory reporting financial information is reported timely and in an efficient way;
- Enjoys analysing and interpreting numbers and is capable to translate these in meaningful analytical reviews;
- Is motivated to understand the changes in reporting standards and eager to translate this into concrete changes for the operational activities;
- Has a strong process and control mind-set and identifies quickly areas for improvements;
- Is solid in building and maintaining healthy and long-lasting relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Is a good communicator;
- Is able to work in team and independently;
- Is dynamic and a quick learner.
And you have as well ...
- A master degree in economics, business studies...;
- Preferably a first experience in reporting in a banking environment or similar experience via an audit or controller function;
- Good knowledge of English and Dutch and/or French;
- Practical knowledge to use Word/Excel/PowerPoint.
... then you are our new Financial & Regulatory Reporting Officer
Your role ...
You are a member of the Financial & Regulatory Reporting team within Finance and:
- You collaborate in the monthly closing and analysis of ING Belgium's financial figures (in both company and consolidated view);
- You understand the current reporting standards and policies applicable for the periodical financial information a bank has to deliver to the regulators (NBB, ECB...) and to the parent company (ING Group) in Amsterdam;
- You ensure the realisation of a timely, complete, qualitative and fully analysed reporting;
- You install and maintain a proactive contact with our stakeholders;
- You are the first point of contact when there are changes in reporting standards and reporting needs. You assess and implement the changes in close collaboration with your colleagues in the Financial & Regulatory Reporting team and the financial reporting responsible in our subsidiaries and foreign branches;
- You maintain the internal documentation of the reporting standards and ensure knowledge sharing;
- You ensure an efficient reporting process and you collaborate in any improvement initiatives;
- You represent ING Belgium in meetings with Febelfin and/or similar organisations for activities in your scope of responsibilities.
Your work environment at ING ...
ING Belgium is, as the first universal direct bank, a strong player on the Belgian market. The bank provides its customers with a wide range of financial products and services via the distribution channel of their choice (click and face). Customers of ING Belgium are as well retail and private banking clients, as well as small, medium and large enterprises.
You will work within the Finance area. The finance professionals from ING support the management and the business lines when it comes to financial matters. This department is the financial heart of ING Belgium. The people working there are responsible for accounting, financial & regulatory reporting, tax reporting and controlling.
You will work in the "Financial & Regulatory Reporting team" and will be based in Brussels. This team ensures the periodical closings at statutory and consolidated level and realises all legal, regulatory and parent company reporting under BE-GAAP and IFRS.
* * * * * *