To define and maintain the end-to-end architecture for adomain, perform architecture design for epics and features of the domain, withattention to non-functional requirements, optimal integration with otherdomains and platforms and a good balance between cost and quality, and toadvise on implementation planning and provide guidance to feature engineers andengineers on execution according to architectural design. MAIN ACTIVITIES
Independently performs architecture activities forincremental changes (maintaining and extending existing solutions) and innovative changes (conceivingnew solutions for emerging opportunities) for a domain.
- Contribution to business value
Designs, advises and presents (target)architectures and roadmaps, and provides architecture guidance and validations.
Assists in definitionof (global) architecture standards.
Manages stakeholders up to senior management level within adomain for the scope of a tribe or program.
Masters engineering skills. Hassubstantial content and architecture knowledge of one or more domains (technologies, applications, businessprocesses). Masters full set of architecture skills.
Works mainly independently, sometimes under limitedguidance.
Seeks mentoring of more senior colleagues.
Is go-to person for Engineers, Product Owners, Architectsand Management for architecture advise and execution validation.
Independently creates easy to read and structured documentsand visualisations.
Is able to coach more junior colleagues.
- Strategic Supplier Management
Maintains(strategic) supplier relationships with one or more suppliers in his/her owndomain.
Contributesto the development of ING requirements for package solutions.
- Risk, Security and Reliability
Thoroughly understands the Risk, Security & Reliabilityrequirements for his/her scope. Defines mitigations to be built in into thedomain architecture design and principles of his/her scope. CRITERIA Area of responsibilities
Knowledge and Complexity/problem solving
- Defines and manages loosely coupled and scalableDomain Architecture (end-to-end chains), that is adaptive to change, withsufficient demarcation and decoupling points to other domains;
- Breaks down desired (business and IT) themes intoepics and features, that can be further refined into implementable stories.Defines together with the Product Owner user stories to further improve thequality of the domain;
- Defines realistic and ambitious ImplementationRoadmap, also taking non-functional requirements into account.
- Defines the integration of the services and platformsacross the domain, optimizing functional and non-functional requirements andreducing complexity and technical debt;
- Assists the mandated Product Owner of all(application) interfaces from his domain, including everything required in theIT chain that fulfils the functional, non-functional, Risk and Securityrequirements of these interfaces.
- Designs, aligns, matures and realizes all(application) interfaces of his domain, including the required IT chain;
- Provides guidance to Engineers, Product Owners,chapter leads, managers and teams/squads for the domain, by describing designpatterns in Cookbooks together with the Engineering discipline. Describes howthese best practices can actually be implemented in practice;
- Defines Quarterly Business Review (QBR) items and adviseson sign off of quarterly plans and/or Change Governance Documents;
- Validates that the architecture is implementedaccording to plan, minimizing technical debt. Escalates to management ifnecessary.
Communication and Consultation
- Has significant knowledge of multiple environments (domains, platforms,products, architectures, technologies, ...) and therefore can work mainlyindependent, sometimes requiring some guidance;
- Increasing responsibility for actively making decisions;
- Sorts information by relevance;
- Makes complex analyses;
- Thinks in strategic (future-oriented) terms;
- Takes decisions on the basis of limited information;
- Master level or equivalent by experience;
- Good written and spoken knowledge of English;
- 3 -5 years of relevant work experience.
- Regular mentoring by senior architects;
- Daily contacts with IT teams (Engineers) for the resolution of complexincidents, information exchange, advice and validation of changes;
- Regular contacts with internal stakeholders (engineers, product owners),with a view to exchanging information;
- Regular contacts with managers (IT Area Leads) and representatives of ITand business departments with a view to advising, persuading.
- Is a member of the architects' community;
- Regular contacts with external suppliers or partners to exchangeinformation about solving architectural problems, modifying or updating thearchitecture, to discuss the requirements and quality attributes for thearchitecture.