Data Science Senior Manager
- Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Nov 18
Data Science Senior Manager
Digital is changing everything. That's why Accenture Digital helps businesses and governments re-define how they serve connected customers and operate connected enterprises. We offer complete, integrated digital business and technology services-digital marketing, mobility and analytics-to deliver tangible results for the virtual world. That's high performance, delivered.
When you join Accenture Digital, you will be an integral part of a forward-looking digital community as you work alongside and share ideas with a world-class, global network of 28,000+ digital professionals who innovate and develop new ways to deliver results for clients every day.
What are we looking for?
(Big Data) Analytics & Artificial Intelligence (AI) are booming and at Accenture we strongly believe that high performance is driven by the ability to gain insights from data to enable faster data-driven decisions and help our clients tackle more and more complex business issues.
From strategy to execution, Accenture works with organizations to develop their Analytics, Digital and AI capabilities - from accessing data onto predictive/prescriptive modelling, towards applying advanced techniques such as deep learning and taking the appropriate business actions - to outperform the competition.
In that context, Accenture has set up a leading edge and global Data Science team in Brussels, fully integrated into a global group of analytics practitioners and innovation centres worldwide. This network, composed of data scientists, statisticians, analytics consultants and PhDs working together with industry and domain experts helps our clients in Belgium and globally move from issue to outcome by leveraging the power of the data.
As Senior Manager Data Science, you will be the head and one of the pioneer of this global data science team, responsible to deliver value to our clients and to grow our local business, skills and people by being involved in the following tasks:
- Overall leadership, steering & management of Data Science team as well as business development lead:
- Be responsible for building, steering, nurturing and maintaining a leading-edge data science team by providing guidance, vision & leadership, set team strategy and direction
- Understand Accenture assets and philosophy around Analytics, Digital & AI and drive the business development agenda to provide relevant solutions to our clients
- Connect to global analytics network and build your own Point of View
- Build case for analytics through need analyses and business case (quantify likely benefits)
- Create client value through Business Insight generation - Turning insights to action
- Act as a thought leader and trusted advisor in the analytics/data science/AI domain
- Provide subject matter expertise, industry perspective and relevant point of view to drive customer value
- Coordinate the delivery of multiple customer analytics assignments, agile sprint deliveries for Accenture clients including business interpretation to models and turning insights into actions
- Provide strategic and tactical advice to clients by translating analytical solution into out-of-the-box execution recommendations addressing business objectives and impacting bottom line results
- Data Modelling & Analyses
- Steer and coach Accenture teams across the full data mining steps from data preparation, modelling & interpretation (econometric modeling, predictive analytics, machine learning and data visualization by using advanced tools)
- Leverage Accenture's international network and knowledge capital for Analytics by using proven assets and methodologies
- Participate to analytics innovation and development of new assets
Primary Skills & Experience
- We're seeking a senior individual (10+ years) with hands-on experience in the analytics domain while being able to provide sound business solutions and recommendations to our clients
- Strong interest and proven experience in analytics-enabled digital transformations (e.g. multi-channel, segmentation, user experience, digital plant, etc.)
- We're looking for a bright and innovative individual with previous experience in consulting (must have), advising different types of clients, and showing great engagement skills
- Excellent track record as people/team manager (preferably in analytics) able to 'inspire' others with a clear point of view and vision
- Excellent communication and presentation skills: able to explain Analytics in non-technical terms to business users (C-level, line managers,…) and other diverse audiences
- Experience and excitement in coaching a team of data scientists working with main statistical softwares (R, SAS, SPSS, etc.), programming languages (C, VBA, Python, etc.), machine learning techniques (SVM, Random Forest, Kmeans, etc.) and visualization (SAS VA, Qlikview, D3, etc.)
- Confirmed background in quantitative areas
We offer you a rewarding job between business and IT and access to the kind of resources, expertise and development tools that only a large organization can offer. Not only will you get a bigger stage to perform on, you'll also get recognition for excellent work and compensation in line with your performance.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions-underpinned by the world's largest delivery network-Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With more than 411,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com