What makes Cognizant a unique place to work? The combination of rapid growth and an international and innovative environment! This is creating many opportunities for people like YOU - people with an entrepreneurial spirit who want to make a difference in this world.
At Cognizant, together with your colleagues from all around the world, you will collaborate on creating solutions for the world's leading companies and help them become more flexible, more innovative and successful. Moreover, this is your chance to be part of the success story: we are looking for a Data Modeler. About role
Our ideal candidate Specific knowledge and requirements
- Use a variety of information gathering techniques (e.g., interviews, facilitation, diagrams) to gather complex business data requirements from Business teams and data science and analytics teams.
- Collaborate with the team to research, evaluate and select the appropriate data sources.
- Serve as the business modeler/data analyst for data projects and initiatives, creating conceptual and logical business models used to generate physical data models and database schema.
- Document data model metadata - data models, data definitions, data relationships/dependencies, data values, data lineage, data restrictions, data retention policies, data usage policies.
- Ensure project data model compliance with Enterprise Requirements - definitions, regulatory, privacy, quality, and governance during design and implementation of database development, modeling and analysis projects;
- Partner with DBAs/engineers to transform logical data models into physical database designs while optimizing the performance and maintainability of the physical database.
- Ensure that the database designs fulfill the requirements, including data volume, frequency needs, and long-term data growth.
- Become a subject matter expert in understanding not only where the data is and how to get it, but also what the information means and how to use it. This includes understand business procedures, and develop a detailed knowledge of underlying data repositories and data products, including current and future uses of data, and creating and refining data models from requirements, business operations, and current systems.
- Leverage SQL and other technical skills to assist with tuning and delivering SQL queries for data management and data extraction
What you can expect
- 8+ years of experience in applying data management principles and industry standards to design, build and maintain complex data model assets in Transactional/Operational, ODS, Data Lake, Data Warehouse and Data Marts applications.
- Advanced skills in ER design, dimensional design, canonical design, modelling data structures for data science and analytics applications, modelling data lake environments, object design, UML
- Metadata management discipline and practices
- Data modelling tools (e.g. Erwin, Er/Studio)
- Data analysis and mapping, creation and usage of metadata
- Strong SQL knowledge: writing and review complex SQL statements and performance tuning to handle scale, agility, and changes
- Responsible for staying current with enterprise standards, industry standards and technologies, methodologies and best practices
- Experience in DB2
- Understanding and experience with the following data technologies areas preferred:
- ETL/ELT data solutions
- Experience and knowledge around scripting, deployment, and automation technologies Experience working with multiple relational databases including Redshift
- COSMOS DB/Oracle DB modelling
- Experience working with data lake architectures in cloud environments leveraging technology like S3o Database latency, availability, and workload utilization monitoring tools
- Become part of a the 'flag ship' success story
- Mediator: able to guide the team in adopting the architecture vision and software design principles;
- Negotiation: being able to negotiate trade-offs between non-functional requirements
- Being able to act as a mature sparring partner with the Solution Architect.
- Open, 'can do' team spirit
- Environment where you can make your own ideas reality & Drive your own career