Compliance Manager II - EMEA Regulatory Change
- Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon
- 21 Jan 18 2018-01-21
Compliance Manager II - EMEA Regulatory Change
Reporting to the EMEA Head of Regulatory Change, the role of the EMEA Regulatory Change Compliance Manager is primarily to support BNY Mellon in understanding the impact of all new regulatory changes and in implementation of major regulatory changes.
The role has two main elements:
- the first is in the analysis of new regulatory changes and the provision of advice to management to ensure that they are prioritized and actioned appropriately by the firm
- the second is leading for the department in supporting BNY Mellon's implementation programmes for a number of major regulatory change initiatives.
The role offers the incumbent an exciting opportunity to work on a broad spectrum of new regulatory initiatives across multiple jurisdictions and businesses at a global company that touches almost every part of the financial services industry.
Key roles and Responsibilities:
- Utilise existing framework to identify, assess and track key regulatory changes by reviewing sources of information in all applicable UK and EMEA jurisdictions.
- Contribute to the development of a framework to maintain the regulatory change library.
- Monitoring and assessing changes in the regulatory environment and production of analysis documents that can be easily understood by the businesses and clearly identify the key issues for BNY Mellon.
- Provide support to leading for Compliance on major regulatory change programmes, through the provision of advice, interpretation of regulatory requirements with input from Legal and provision of effective challenge.
- Provide support to collate, develop and improve Management Information for use within Compliance internally and internal for a, Legal Entity reporting.
- Production and input into traceability matrices for key regulatory initiatives.
- Take ownership of tracking, updating action and change logs (regulatory area).
Minimum Education/Preferred Education:
- Degree qualified. Law, Accounting, Economics degree preferable.
Minimum experience/Preferred Experience:
- 5 to 7 years of experience in Compliance/Risk/Audit, preferably in financial services
- Hands on experience of working within regulatory change projects, such as MiFID 2 or similarly material regulatory change.
- Understanding of the investment services industry and banking industry.
- An understanding of the European regulatory framework.
- Ability to analyse and interpret regulations and apply and articulate such interpretation to real business scenarios.
- Ability to provide broad insight into the practical impact of regulatory change across the financial services industry.
Required skills/Preferred skills:
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Strong organisational, planning and team playing skills.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent English and German. Other languages desirable but not essential.
- Good PC skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint). SharePoint useful
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Risk and Compliance provide risk and compliance services across all BNY Mellon businesses. Organizationally, Risk and Compliance includes the following groups: Risk Management, Compliance, Global Corporate Security, Information Risk Management and Global Business Continuity. Risk Management oversees and delivers risk services and ensures new business risks are reviewed and approved. Risk Management is organized through Chief Risk Offices for each core business and critical operation. Risk managers provide shared support to BNY Mellon for operational risk services for Global Corporate Trust, Depositary Receipts, Treasury Services and Global Operations in EMEA. Compliance helps ensure BNY Mellon's businesses maintain appropriate processes to comply with applicable laws, regulations, BNY Mellon policies and ethics. This is accomplished through business- and business partner-specific teams of professionals, under centralized global management.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Belgium-Brussels-Capital Region-Brussels
Internal Jobcode: 23600
Organization: Compliance & Ethics-HR06015
Requisition Number: 1712021