Client Services Management Vice President
- Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium Brussels Bruxelles-Capitale BE
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Business Unit Overview:
The Client Services Management (CSM) team sits between the Client Businesses and the functional teams within Business Operation. CSM works with the BlackRock client businesses to ensure that the service needs of our clients are understood and aligned with the service delivery teams across BlackRock. The team does this through close partnership with sales colleagues and directly with clients and their outsourced service providers.In addition the team is responsible for ensuring that BlackRock’s service offering continues to evolve in line with industry and client trends and to position BlackRock as the class leader in service excellence.The team is also expected to provide specialist consultancy on operational service matters, both internally and with clients, and to act as a key expert in the client solution sales and implementation process.
The candidate covers a multi-faceted role which requires flexibility, strong problem-solving and planning skills.In close cooperation with the sales relationship managers, he/she is responsible for ensuring the consistent delivery of high quality and seamless service, connecting clients to the full range of solutions BlackRock offers. He/she is responsible for managing complex streams such as client on-boarding and ad-hoc projects.
- Own the overall operational client service experience in partnership with the Client Businesses throughout the client lifecycle and develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders within BlackRock to assist the firm in effectively meeting clients’ service needs
- Work closely with the global Business Operations team to implement a consistent, scalable and controllable service model
- Facilitate diagnosis of complex client service issues, identify trends that point to service deficiencies and own resolution, working with the appropriate internal and external delivery teams to ensure timely and accurate response
- Own and evolve the core service offering and drive continuous improvement both internally and with external service providers such as custodian banks, depositary banks, fund administrators and platforms
- Represent the client intent where necessary for change events and implementation of new solutions, including facilitating the handling of client requests for bespoke services and ensuring that any solutions effectively balance the needs of the client with those of the firm
- Accompany relationship managers in client service review meetings to assess & optimize their servicing needs
- Focus on sustaining the highest level of client service, while demonstrating risk awareness and a strong focus on an appropriate service delivery control framework
- Assist relationship managers in leveraging service delivery functions effectively and appropriately to increase client service quality
- Relevant experience in the investment management industry with exposure to a variety of operational and client service functions.
- Proven expertise working with intermediaries / financial professionals / Institutional Clients
- Technical understanding across service functions, together with a strong understanding of the end-to-end client life-cycles
- Experience in dealing with clients and associated service risk matters
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrate teamwork and initiative
- Ability to develop strong collaborative working relationships with key client business and service delivery stakeholders
- Ability to work proactively with others to resolve and escalate issues appropriately
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with high self-assurance, energy and drive
- Strong analytical, organizational and planning skills, proven ability to prioritize effectively
- Fluency in English, French and Flemish
- Change management experience
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit and is willing to take on additional responsibility quickly
- Passion for delivering service excellence
- Pro-active & commercial mindset & eye for detail
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.