My client is a global investment company. Head quartered in Europe, this client invests in companies directly and through private equity funds.
The Business Controller Associate’s main focus will be to contribute to the Investment Controlling activities of the Group, with a specific focus on the Asian portfolio. The role will imply frequent interactions with the investment and finance teams, will have a helicopter view on our portfolio and a deep understanding on our internal processes.
Contribute to Asian and Group portfolio monitoring:
- responsible for the reporting of the Asian portfolio and participate in the Group reporting;
- collect data and follow up on the key events at portfolio companies;
- coordinate and report to the Group Business Controller team on a weekly basis.
Participate actively in the bi-annual internal valuation process for the Group portfolio, with a specific focus on Asian investments:
- review & challenge internal valuation memos from the investment team;
- collect relevant supporting documents related to the valuation memos;
- responsible for organizing valuation review meetings with the Group Business Controlling team & Executive Committee;
- liaise and coordinate with auditors and third-party advisors on valuation memos.
Provide support to prepare bi-annual portfolio review sessions and board meetings:
- Prepare investment reviews together with the investment team;
- Collect data and analysis of performance of portfolio companies.
- Actively contribute to the group reporting & control processes:
- prepare and review internal reportings (e.g. portfolio performance, treasury);
- in charge of the data quality review for the Asian portfolio and supporting the team for the Group portfolio;
- ensure strict adherence to the portfolio execution process.
Supporting the Group Business Controlling team for risk management & general controlling processes (including IT solutions).
The Business Controller Associate is a team-oriented professional with multi-dimensional abilities:
- Circa 5 years of experience in corporate finance (incl. transaction services), business controlling, audit or investment banking;
- Have strong skills related to company valuation methods;
- Graduated from a top-tier Business or Engineering school;
- CFA certified or willing to become certified;
- Has a potential interest to further evolve to an investment role within the Group;
- Fluent in English ;
- Solution-oriented, has a collaborative mindset and is intellectually curious;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Motivated by the idea of being part of a long-term project.