Business Continuity and Crisis Management Officer
- Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Feb 19
Business Continuity and Crisis Management Officer
ING Belgium Business Continuity & Crisis Management Officer
Permanent, Full time, Brussels
Your role & work environment
The main objective of Business Continuity Management is to have concise but clear guidelines documented such that all critical activities can be resumed quickly in the event of a major problem or disaster. In other words to establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and continually improve a documented management system to protect against, reduce the likelihood of occurrence, prepare for, respond to, and recover from disruptive incidents when they arise.
As team member of the Team Business Continuity & Crisis Management you are in charge of implementing and maintaining efficient and effective Business Continuity and Crisis Management organization within ING Belgium.
Your key responsibilities
- Make sure that the BCM Minimum Standard are adequately applied within the Organisation
- Ensure that the Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery and Crisis Management plans are updated, reviewed and approved at least annually. This includes the challenging of Business Continuity Plans to determine if requests are in line with ING strategy.
- Ensure the BCM processes are regularly exercised or tested.
- Ensure employees are trained and aware of their roles in the implementation and execution of the BCM process. By extension, Business Continuity Officers will be informed of major changes via the organization of bi-yearly town halls.
- Act as alternate SPOC for BCM topics for all 1st LOD (line of defense) related issues with respect to all internal and external parties. The latter includes regulators, auditors, suppliers, etc...
- Crisis Management
- Elaborate Crisis Management scenarios (in close collaboration with concerned stakeholders) and maintain the crisis documentation up-to-date
- Participate in the decision process to launch the OCC (Operational Crisis Committee) as a result of a Major Incident or event impacting the bank's stakeholders beyond a certain threshold
- Act as co-crisis coordinator and facilitate crisis management and its follow up (crisis conf call, meeting minutes, lessons learned, ...)
- Project activities
Support the implementation and translation of requirements of ING Policies and Minimum Standards
- Create new BCM templates
- Understand and challenge new scoring methodology
- Review and challenge all documents from ORM Group
- Implement all changes with ING BE
Support the implementation of NBB and ECB Recommendations within the business lines or other regulators
- Act as alternate SPOC for meetings with NBB
- Explain all changes and requirements with Organization
Ad-hoc support to requests impacting Business Continuity or Crisis Management
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a ING Belgium Business Continuity & Crisis Management Officer you will also need:
- a Master (or equally by experience)
- an experience in Business Continuity and Crisis Management is a plus
- a good insight in the 10 Non-Financial Risks of the Bank and how to manage them
- be able to manage a diverse set of initiatives across business lines and Lines of Defense
- strong capabilities to manage crisis
- good knowledge of the governance, structure and organization of the Bank
- good knowledge of Operations processes and products
- an above average knowledge of (and experience in) Information Technology
- fluent in Dutch, French & English, written and oral
- strong in decision making and analytical skills
- able to plan, organize and work independently
- an extended network
- able to address concerns through the implementation of appropriate processes
- excellent communication skills, both for internal and external contacts
- a dynamic personality
- able to take initiative and flexible
- highly available in case of crisis
- a strong resistance to stress and pressure
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
- Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
- A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
Fill in the opportunities specific within your department.
- An ISO 22301 Lead Implementer certification is a possibility