Business Continuity & Crisis Management Officer
- Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Feb 18 2018-02-24
Business Continuity & Crisis Management Officer
ING Belgium Business Continuity & Crisis Management Officer
Does Continuity rings a bell to you? Do you want to play an active role in managing a crisis?
Are you also someone who ...
- Is strong in decision making and analytical skills
- Is able to plan, organize and work independently
- Has an extended network
- Is able to address concerns through the implementation of appropriate processes
- Is able to address a broad scope of concerns and situations with a very limited team
- Has excellent communication skills, both for internal and external contacts
- Has a dynamic personality
- Takes initiative and is flexible
- Is highly available in case of crisis
- Has a strong resistance to stress and pressure
- Has a Master (or equally by experience)
- Has a good insight in the 10 Non-Financial Risks of the Bank and how to manage them
- Is able to manage a diverse set of initiatives across business lines and Lines of Defense
- Has strong capabilities to manage crisis
- Has good knowledge of the governance, structure and organization of the Bank
- Has good knowledge of Operations processes and products
- Has an above average knowledge of (and experience in) Information Technology
- Is fluent in Dutch, French & English, written and oral
Your role ...
The main objective of Business Continuity Management is to have concise but clear guidelines documented such that all critical activities can be resumed quickly in the event of a major problem or disaster.
In other words to establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and continually improve a documented management system to protect against, reduce the likelihood of occurrence, prepare for, respond to, and recover from disruptive incidents when they arise.
The Team Business Continuity & Crisis Management is in charge of implementing and maintaining efficient and effective Business Continuity and Crisis Management organization within ING Belgium.
According to the ING Policy, Business Continuity Management (BCM) is covering the following three sub-domains:
- Business Continuity
- Crisis Management
- Disaster Recovery
- Make sure that the BCM Minimum Standard are adequately applied within the Organisation
- Ensure that the Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery and Crisis Management plans are updated, reviewed and approved at least annually. This includes the challenging of Business Continuity Plans to determine if requests are in line with ING strategy.
- Provide active support to all colleagues from various Business Lines who are setting up and maintaining the BCP's
- Ensure the BCM processes are regularly exercised or tested.
- Help to clean the BCM catalogue
- Ensure employees are trained and aware of their roles in the implementation and execution of the BCM process. By extension, Business Continuity Officers will be informed of major changes via the organization of bi-yearly town halls.
- Act as alternate SPOC for BCM topics for all 1st LOD (line of defense) related issues with respect to all internal and external parties. The latter includes regulators, auditors, suppliers, etc...
- Perform the Key Control Testing and discuss results with 2d LoD
- Align with the ISS team for all DR aspects
- Prepare meetings with NBB
- Prepare and collaborate to various reporting
- Support the implementation and translation of requirements of ING Policies and Minimum Standards
- Create new BCM templates
- Understand and challenge new scoring methodology
- Review and challenge all documents from ORM Group
- Implement all changes with ING BE
- Support the implementation of NBB and ECB Recommendations within the business lines or other regulators
- Act as alternate SPOC for meetings with NBB
- Explain all changes and requirements with Organization
- Ad-hoc support to requests impacting Business Continuity or Crisis Management
- Elaborate Crisis Management scenarios (in close collaboration with concerned stakeholders)
- Participate in the decision process to launch the OCC (Operational Crisis Committee) as a result of a Major Incident or event impacting the bank's stakeholders beyond a certain threshold
- Act as co-crisis coordinator and facilitate crisis management and its follow up (crisis conf call, meeting minutes, lessons learned, ...)
- Maintain the crisis documentation up-to-date
- When needed, organized and coordinate a crisis exercise with the Bank.
- Be alert of all events that could generate a disruptive event
Want to make a meaningful impact?
At ING our purpose is to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We believe that sustainable progress is driven by people with the imagination and determination to make a better future for themselves and those around them.
ING Belgium is a creative and dynamic environment where thousands of employees collaborate to offer a differentiating experience for Retail and Private Banking customers as well as individuals, freelancers, SMEs, large corporations, institutions and corporate clients.
As the first direct universal bank, we are a global financial institution with a strong European foundation, recognized as the Best Bank in Belgium and as an employer of choice for consecutive years.
If this is the environment you thrive in, then apply and join us in changing the future of banking!