Assistant Data Specialist - Contacts
Job Description This role is responsible for maintaining our Directors/Managers database that is made available online to subscribers, and for responding to and assisting clients with their data-related requests.
It involves recurring weekly tasks related to the treatment of this huge database (with over 550 million records), and this is the best start in understanding the complexity, architecture, and the processes.
The training approach we employ is a learning-by-doing strategy, meaning that you will be exposed to practical tasks from day one, while being assisted and mentored by senior team members.
- Maintain company's historical databases that are available online to subscribers in a timely and accurate manner.
- Respond to client requests and inquiries; you'll perform second line support tasks (as specialist), meaning you'll assist the first line of support (generalists) to solve data-related issues.
- Build your knowledge on all the intricate details and interactions of the different elements and procedures within our database.
- Execute and improve the processes of our data-engine that transform our raw data into the final database used by our products for display to the clients.
- Improve existing processes and procedures to enhance the speed and accuracy of our updates
- Undergraduate or advanced degree with course work in economics Econometrics, Business Administration, or any Data / Information Technology-related field.
- A first working experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Excel and relational databases (SQL). Experience with Python is preferred.
- Strong verbal and writing skills in English.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.