Advisory Business Consultant in Belgium
- Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Mar 19
Advisory Business Consultant in Belgium
Advisory Business Consultant
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We're on a journey that's centered around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay one step ahead in life and in business. We're proud of that!
Would you like to work for a bank where honesty, integrity and responsibility are valued? Are sustainability, caring for others and thinking ahead part of your NDA? Do you want to make the difference for our customers thanks to our agile way of working ? (click on link to see the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaV-d7eKWFc Then continue reading because ING might very well be your future employer.
Your role & work environment
As a Business Consultant, you will assist business units in determining key organisation issues and provide recommendations on how to most effectively implement organisation change strategies. You will use in-depth consulting skills to diagnose how the organisation's current design aligns with business needs and develop new organisation designs that are better aligned to those needs. You will use specific work products and tools to assess organisation change readiness and implement change management approaches, including education and training, to ensure effective and efficient transition to the new business model. From an operational point of view, you will be responsible for understanding and assessing a business, identifying issues and opportunities and recommending appropriate solutions. You will ensure proper translation of business requirements into a set of structured business process, knowledge, technology, and organization specifications that satisfy the strategic and operational objectives .
Your key responsibilities
As a Business Consultant, you will perform the below described responsibilities within or without the strategic framework of a tribe
- Requirements gathering, collect data, analyse the internal client's business and provide input to support the strategic decision-making process.
- Challenge the validity of given organization, procedures, policies.
- Advise the internal client in identifying, justifying and design/development of the required solutions, including scoping.
- Support the development of business cases and perform impact analysis. Anticipate on future trends.
- Formulate and test hypotheses and draw conclusions to determine appropriate internal client solutions, ensuring solution satisfaction for all stakeholders.
- Recognize and articulate problems related to the assignment, analyze complex information and create solutions to the hypothesis being developed.
- Perform risk and issue management.
- Lead and guide the efforts of others in specific areas and manage the commitments regarding deliverables.
- Define and present final solution and impact on the organization, get commitment of involved parties on the solution and sustain the rationale for the solution.
- Monitor the project(s)/ program to ensure the requested deliverables within the defined quality, time & cost constraints and ensure the full realization of the benefits identified upfront.
We are looking for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a Business Consultant you will also need:
- To take ownership on mission, actions and show a high level of autonomy: you are a role model and/or you become the 'go to person'
- Being capable to take decisions at tactical and/or strategic level and therefore build a trusted relationship with senior management level. Use influence.
- Being a team player
- Being passionate about change and eager to push it forward
- Having strong analytical skills to extract precise and relevant information from complex or large environment
- Being well organized in order to respect milestones, budget ...
- Master degree and/or relevant experience from 4 to 10 years in project or program management
- Fluent in English and good knowledge of Dutch or French
- Global Bank knowledge
We offer you
A brand new position in a bank empowering people to develop their skills and an exciting challenge for people with an entrepreneurial attitude.
The possibility to develop your skills thanks to the expertise of our international teams, and our knowledge sharing culture.