VP, Interest Rate Trading
- Manama, Capital Governorate, Bahrain
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Feb 18 2018-02-22
The job responsibility of the trader is to ensure and deliver the highest quality of active management to achieve the highest returns for the bank and meet the specified budget for the year. Furthermore, the role also requires to serves other stake holders within the group including but not limited to sales, branches, subsidiaries. Lastly, the trader/incumbent must ensure that all risk parameters are adhered to with no compliance issues. The role also involves keeping abreast about other related asset classes like Equities, Commodities, Currencies etc.
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
- The trader is responsible for delivering on the interest rate trading budget for the financial year.
- The trader is responsible for all internal pricing related to interest rate exposures and management / execution of resultant positions.
- The trader is responsible for proprietary interest rate trading activities, within approved risk parameters.
- This role also involves the trader recommending trading ideas / opportunities to branches/subsidiaries of the group.
- The trader/incumbent is also responsible for budgeting returns on the trading desk thru the year to assist management in forecasting exercises while also guiding senior management within group on new opportunities within credit/rates markets
- Lastly, the role requires that all policies and procedures are adhered to and trading practices are maintained at a high level. The trader will also ensure that all limits/risk parameters are adhered to with no compliance/risk limit breaches.
Job Context (Circumstances & environment surrounding the job):
The individual must have a thorough understanding of financial markets in particular rates, credit and FX markets. The role also requires the trader to have a firm grasp of financial market concepts and up-to-date compliance and regulatory environment. The role requires the trader to transact both internally (internal stake holders) and with external counterparties. The trader will also be expected to build relationships with various counterparties including customers, dealers, brokers etc. The trader may also be requested to attend client meetings, conferences and sales trips to enable the franchise to grow further.
- The role requires a thorough knowledge of financial markets. Strong analytical and trading skills.
Education / Certifications
- Bachelors/Master’s degree with a concentration in Finance/Economics/Math/Computer Science. Industry related qualifications like CFA, MBA, CPA etc. would also be helpful.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience within a Rates trading background. The individual will ideally have traded across different market cycles with experience garnered across various asset classes and geographies.
- The incumbent/trader should be able to multitask and make key decisions in an efficient manner. The incumbent/trader should have the ability to provide quotes to multiple trade inquiries within a volatile market trading environment. Lastly, the trader should be extremely comfortable working in a team setting and demonstrate a strong work ethic.