- To define the Compliance Framework and Compliance Methodology to be used in the ABC Group and to train Compliance Officers on the methodology including amongst other Compliance Universe, Compliance Profiles, compiling Compliance Risk Management Plans (CRMPs), Monitoring and reporting.
- Act as the Regulatory Compliance Officer for Bahrain to ensure the Compliance methodology is implemented and embedded for Head Office.
- To set up a quality circle to manage the quality of monitoring reports issued by Compliance throughout the ABC Group.
Principal Group Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
- Accountable for Group Compliance Methodology development and responsible for embedment across the group including training and quality assurance on monitoring reports
- Accountable for Embedment and implementation of the Compliance Methodology for Bahrain Head Office
- To define and maintain the Group Compliance Framework and methodology.
- To conduct ongoing research to improve the Group Compliance Framework.
- To develop the compliance value proposition.
- To establish and oversee a Compliance Academy in support of compliance officers’ development.
- To develop and deliver regulatory compliance related training to all compliance staff enabling them to facilitate compliance risk management across the group.
- To develop a compliance due diligence framework to advise the group on compliance risks during mergers and acquisitions.
- To develop the group-wide annual compliance coverage plan.
- To facilitate the development of the annual compliance strategy.
- To report to governance structures where required.
- To establish a compliance quality circle to consider and confirm findings and to identify findings to be escalated to Regulators.
- To assist with the fostering of a compliance culture across the group.
- To implement and execute the Compliance Methodology for Bahrain Head Office and report on the output to the local CFCC.
- Provide timely, practical, value added Compliance advisory to business and functional units, including to overseas Compliance teams under policy ownership and/or geographic oversight, where applicable
- Support the Bank in development and implementation of the Compliance and Financial Crime framework, policies and procedures, in partnership with the Group document owners
- Demonstrate proactive identification and management of key regulatory risks and issues in areas under responsibility
- Self-identification of compliance related audit issues in areas under responsibility
- Acceptable rating for audits on Compliance or compliance related issues
- Closure of outstanding audit issues within stipulated time period or as agreed with Group Audit
- Support and facilitate effective functioning of Unit CFCCs under geography oversight, where applicable
- 15+ years of experience with regulatory compliance with specific reference to the CISA compliance methodology.
Education / Certifications
- Minimum Honours degree and certification in compliance related issues
- Relevant banking experience in compliance and / or risk management
- Mature and good communicator. Strong writing and drafting skills. Team player. Self-Motivated