- Manama, Capital Governorate, Bahrain Manama Capital Governorate BH
- Permanent, Full time
- Arab Banking Corporation
- 15 Sep 18 2018-09-15
LFIs Relationship Manager (RM) responsible leverage on existing relationships and establish new ones across new segments including non-bank FIs (NBFIs) and within budgets assigned to LFIs. The RM is expected to work closely with the Bank ABC product and coverage partners across all branches and subsidiaries. Local Financial Institutions are defined as those Financial institutions that have a local presence in ABC’s countries of presence and the MENA region with limited international operations. The coverage geography will include the MENA non presence countries and Sub-Continent.
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
Under the leadership of Head of LFIs, the LFI Relationship Manager is expected to have the following main responsibilities:
· Assist in managing the relationship with the key Local banks and establish new relationships with Local NBFIs.
· Drive a high performance coverage model that is product and geography agnostic resulting in optimum delivery to our clients.
· Deliver the “bank to client” and the “client to bank” to ensure a seamless delivery of all products and coverage lines to our LFI clients.
· Leverage on the use of ABC’s Commercial Banking Network particularly with the Local FIs that lack presence in our markets.
· In collaboration with Credit & Risk Group and GHFI, manage the Credit and Risk of the LFI portfolio to safeguard the ABC group while also ensuring appropriate returns on the use of RWA.
· In collaboration with Group Compliance/FC, ensure that Bank ABC meets the best market practice in complying with Banking requirements.
· Provide senior representation of ABC Financial Institutions to the external market community (financial institutions, corporates, professional advisors, regulators, etc.) to continuously build ABC Group brand awareness.
· In collaboration with HLFI, assist in overseeing the effective implementation of the strategy for Financial Institutions and Coverage Delivery and enhancement across the countries of coverage.
· Drive the ABC Culture both internally and externally – ‘Client Centric’, “Collaborative” and “Consistent”.
· Ensure integrity, honesty and respect in dealing with all stakeholders, both internal and external.
· Safeguard the reputation and the brand value of the ABC Group.
Job Context (Circumstances & environment surrounding the job):
Active cross-selling with all Bank ABC products in countries of coverage is required including management profitability and growth across all LFIs. The coverage geography will include the MENA non presence countries and Sub-Continent.
· Experienced banker with multi breadth knowledge of major banking products
· Sales oriented with good track record of relationship management in FIG
· Deep understanding of transaction and correspondent banking
· In part Corporate Banking experience is preferable.
· Deep understanding of global regulatory and compliance rules and regulations
Education / Certifications
· Highly educated with a minimum of Bachelor’s degree, Masters preferable
· 5-7 years working experience in Banking & Finance, preferably in a similar role
· Ethical and works with integrity and respect
· Positive character and team player
· Excellent problem solving skills
· Enjoys dealing with diverse cultures
· Sales oriented and networking driven
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Bilingual in English and Arabic