Head of Trade Technical Services
- Manama, Capital Governorate, Bahrain
- Permanent, Full time
- 09 Dec 17 2017-12-09
To work closely with internal partners including Trade Sales, Trade Product managers and Trade Services teams to promote the Bank’s trade finance services and resolve road blocks that hinder closure of deals with thorough understanding of trade policies and compliance guidelines. To establish, improve, up-date and optimise the technical skills of staff involved in trade finance activities through the creation of robust policy guidelines for use across the Group. To undertake periodic reviews of the efficiency and effectiveness of Trade Services operational processes across the Group to identify opportunities to eliminate risk, waste and improve efficiency and performance.
Reporting to the Head of Group Operations the job holder will be responsible for
- driving Trade policy and product improvements that ultimately enable Trade Sales and Support teams to advise and promote trade finance products to clients, thereby increasing trade finance business volumes across the Bank.
- Providing technical support to the Bank's units on matters relating to Trade Finance products.
- Providing assurance over the technical adequacy of day to day processing arrangements within the Bank's units, ensuring that all activities are being performed in a manner that is consistent with ICC Standards and Group Policy requirements.
- Recognise and determine trends in trade related issues investigating where appropriate and implementing changes or coordinating support from other parties to resolve matters and minimise the risk of re-occurrences.
- Ensuring that the Group’s Trade Services teams are operating in accordance with recognized best practice and that operational risks are being managed effectively.
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of market conditions and developments to ensure that best practice is adopted by the Bank where required and recommend changes in product strategy where appropriate.
- Develop and deploy trade related policies, guidelines and practices to support the strategic objectives of the Group.
- Provide technical support to Trade Sales teams, other Front Office colleagues and their clients in relation to the structuring of trade transactions in order to help the Bank win business.
- Ensure effective communication and dissemination of appropriate information to all staff and stakeholders.
- Excellent understanding of Trade Products & Services gained from hands on experience in Trade based operational roles.
- In depth knowledge of ICC trade policies and procedures, case studies and opinions.
Education / Certifications
- Finance, banking, accounting, business or risk management degree or qualification.
- Certified Documentary Credit Specialist.
- Certified Specialist in Demand Guarantees
- 20-25 years of experience in trade services product management within banks. Strong and broad knowledge of Trade Services policy and compliance requirements.
- Ideally the candidate will hold / have held ICC level position on Trade Finance Forums and advisory panels
- Ability to influence change and instigate process improvement
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work proactively without supervision
- Ability to speak in public and to senior stakeholders confidently
- Strong interpersonal skills to ensure effective interactions with all levels in the business