Undertake the role of the “Head of PMO” providing guidance and management to the Project Management team. Manage and track project estimations and execution, resource planning, project budgeting and profit and loss, and project documentation and reporting. Ensure the PMO meets and / or exceeds the agreed Key Performance Indicators for project execution and delivery.
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
- Responsible for managing and overseeing the Project Management team and aiding and guiding all team-members to provide best-practice project execution and delivery.
- Be deeply involved in project management reviews providing guidance and mentoring where required and recommending input for performance improvements as needed.
- Assist the Project Management team and provide workable solutions for challenges and conflicts.
- Be a secondary point of escalation for all project matters to both internal and external stakeholders and be aware of how to identify issues that need further escalation to aid resolution.
- Oversee the preparation of detailed project plans and resource requirements for all projects, and be a point of review and sign-off when changes are required.
- Regularly review the performance of projects to ensure execution against agreed plans, with particular focus on challenged or off-track projects, and how to bring such projects back on-track.
- Ensure that project risks, issues, changes, and plan or milestone deviations are managed in an effective and reproducible way.
- Review project health, highlighting challenged projects and delivering suggested remediation plans where required.
- Provide regular progress reports on project health and deliver accurate time / cost / revenue forecasts.
- Review vendor delivery and performance on an ongoing basis to ensure the required quality of work is provided.
- Meet internal stakeholders regularly to ensure new requirements are fully understood and documented, and that new and in-flight projects are on-schedule and on-budget.
- Attend any meetings with clients, vendors, and internal teams relevant to project planning and delivery.
- Plan, attend, and / or lead Project Kickoffs and Steering Committee meetings.
- Ensure the quality of deliverables and the efficient handover at project completion.
- Ensure that there is quality documentation produced at all phases of the project lifecycle:
- Business Requirement Documents
- Project Definition Documents
- Scopes of Work
- Project Charters
- Baselined Project Plans
- Risk and Issues
- Minutes of Meetings
- Processes and Procedures impacted during the project
- Change Requests
- Handover Documents
- Project Closure and Post-Implementation Documents
- Be an internal project management though-leader, providing advice and guidance on the best tools and practices for all stages of the lifecycle.
- Proven record in managing and delivering large-scale payments technology projects, including:
- Review and analysis of user requirements.
- Managing of internal, external, and vendor resources to achieve buy-in and delivery of all artifacts on-time and on-budget.
- Deep understanding of project risk management and mitigation methodologies.
- Strong understanding of best practice change management within a deeply technical field.
- Proven ability to manage and oversee a department tasked with the planning and execution of multiple projects within budget and time constraints.
- Strong understanding of the project, software development, and implementation lifecycles.
- Previous experience in presenting to Senior Executives and C-Suite stakeholders.
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in associated disciplines.
- PMP certified.
- 10+ years in similar project management / delivery roles.
- Excellent communication and soft skills.
- Very strong verbal and written capability in both English and Arabic.
- Clear ability to build trust with all stakeholders internally and externally.
- Agile and forward-thinking in how to resolve problems quickly, effectively, and proactively.
- Goal-oriented and action-focused with very strong problem-solving abilities.