This position within the Neobank is responsible for automating and improving our development and packaged software. The candidate will provide Agile software development practices, deliver deployable software in short sprints, utilize continuous integration, continuous deployment, or DevSecOps.
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
- Work closely with members of the development, tests, and operations teams to troubleshoot build breaks, enforcement of software quality standards, and proper communication of the package’s installation steps to operations for both non-production and production environments;
Continue development and maintenance of the automated software build process;
Work closely with each product family to develop new DevSecOps features and capabilities;
Assist with creating project resource estimates, metrics to track completion phase, defect reports, defect prevention, development efficiency and quality;
- Contribute to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork within the organization’s agile project lifecycle
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures.
Risk, Compliance & Business Continuity:
At all times, act with due care, skill and diligence to ensure compliance with Bank ABC’s risk culture, policies and procedures, Code of Conduct and Values.
Escalate risk and compliance issues in a timely manner to your line manager, and ensure that all mandatory training is completed to schedule.
Participate in exercises to rehearse the banks response to an emergency situation (i.e. evacuation exercises and Business Continuity tests)
Job Context (Circumstances & environment surrounding the job):
The implementation of packaged solutions, in house software developments are undertaken by the Applications Support Team. These consist of complete applications, plus interfaces and reports.
Education / Certifications
- College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline.
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Prior experience with continuous integration, test automation and/or DevSecOps on iterative software development projects using tools such as Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Jenkins, Team City and/or Bamboo.
- Experience with design and documenting technical solutions related to continuous integration and continuous deployment.
Experience with automation frameworks like Robot Framework, Specflow, Jbehave, Geb, Spock, Junit4, TestNG, Nunit.
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Ruby, PowerShell, Bash, Perl, etc.
- Experience using GIT source code control
- Familiar working with any Open Source Automation tools like Selenium, Cucumber, Watir, Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2015 or later
- Automated Deployment experience on Windows Server / Linux RHEL platforms
- MS Build familiarity, including debugging Continuous Integration build failures
- Windows server administration from application configuration and deployment perspectives
- Familiarity with Linux or UNIX (administration, installing, patching)
- BDD Testing Frameworks such as Pester and RSpec
- Experience with agile project management tools
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products
- Must be a team player and work in a collaborative team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills