To provide day-to-day administrative and operational support to Wholesale Banking and other key stakeholders, researching and managing the supply of information, analyzing and interpreting complex data, maintaining relevant records, producing positive contributions to manage procedures and processes, escalating issues to colleagues as appropriate, to ensure support for Wholesale Banking is handled efficiently and effectively in line with relevant policies, standards, processes, procedures, regulations and risk parameters.
In terms of the responsibilities required for the successful delivery of the function, the following apply:
- Contributing to One Bank ABC: As a member of Wholesale Banking, facilitate the 'One Bank ABC' strategy, providing significant contributions to cross border, cross client and cross product collaboration, to deliver a coordinated and seamless 'One-Bank' to the client experience
- Managing Operational Performance: Proactively plan, organize and deliver assigned activities efficiently and effectively, if required allocating tasks to team members, agreeing delivery timescales and tracking progress, to optimize team and individual performance and facilitate the achievement of operating plans, budgets and targets
- Enhancing Operational Efficiency and Effectiveness: Proactively contribute to the development and implementation of changes to Wholesale Banking, continuously suggesting innovative ideas and embracing performance improvements, to ensure Wholesale Banking operates increasingly effectively, efficiently and integrally in line with performance objectives and risk parameters
- Advancing a High Performance Culture: Actively champion a high performance, continuous learning and client centered culture, demonstrating Bank ABC's values and behaviors, to perform at your best at all times and deliver sustainable success for Wholesale Banking and Bank ABC
- Leading and Managing People: Monitor, coach and develop team members, proactively sharing your knowledge and experience, to ensure that they maximize their performance, meet the required standards, and continuously develop their capabilities and experience
- Building Relationships: Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including Wholesale Banking and other Group functions, to gather information and perform tasks efficiently and effectively
- Promoting the COOWB Office Function: Promote and enhance the image of the COOWB Office throughout Wholesale Banking so that it is recognized for delivering sound business and risk governance practices and introducing innovative ideas to improve the link between front, middle and back offices
- Managing Front, Middle and Back Office Relationships: Establish and maintain close and active relationships with front (Coverage, Global Products), Middle Office and back office (Support) teams to ensure the administrative and analytical support are being provided efficiently and effectively in line with relevant strategies, plans, policies, procedures, standards, processes, regulations and risk parameters
- Executing Budgets and Strategic Plans: Contribute to the implementation of Wholesale Banking’s global budgets and strategic plans, providing analytical and presentational support, to enable Coverage and Global Product teams to generate a consistent flow of sales opportunities
- Managing Internal Deliverables: Actively contribute to closure of Wholesale Banking issues relating but not limited to, Internal Audit, Risk (i.e. Operational Risk, Credit Risk), Compliance, Finance, HR etc., conducting analysis and producing evidence to support compliance with all policies, procedures, standards, processes, regulations and risk parameters
- Reporting and Analysis: Provide extensive technical analysis (including analyzing and interpreting complex data) as part of the reporting duties on behalf of Wholesale Banking (in conjunction with Support units (Finance, Internal Audit, Operational Risk, Compliance, etc.), identifying and reporting on relevant issues, to support the development and growth of Wholesale Banking
The Group Performance Management and Annual Bonus framework set out the process for reviewing and rewarding performance. Annual Bonus is based on three elements – Group performance, Unit performance and Individual performance. Detailed Key Performance Indicators (including calculations, sources, baselines etc.) are provided in scorecards, but the underlying performance objectives are set out below.
- Group Performance is based on one financial objective, to build core Group profits and at the same time encourage top line growth and improve shareholder returns through a targeted focus on ROE.
- Unit Performance is based on Financial, Strategic and ARC objectives. The Financial objectives are to grow operating income and improve portfolio profitability. The Strategic objectives are to optimize clients portfolio; deepen relationships; gather more corporate deposits; and drive more cross-network business. The ARC objective is to meet the audit, risk and compliance performance requirements as defined globally.
- Individual Performance is based on ‘what’ has been delivered and ‘how’ it has been delivered. The ‘what’ is defined in Annual Objectives. These are either stretching ways of delivering the Principal Accountabilities or one-off things required in any given year. The ‘how’ relates to the demonstration of excellent behaviors. These include excellent team working, application of the Corporate Values (3C’s) and adherence to Risk and Compliance requirements.
Risk, Compliance & Business Continuity:
At all times, act with due care, skill and diligence to ensure compliance with Bank ABC’s risk culture, policies and procedures, Code of Conduct and Values.
Escalate risk and compliance issues in a timely manner to your line manager, and ensure that all mandatory training is completed to schedule.
Participate in exercises to rehearse the banks response to an emergency situation (i.e. evacuation exercises and Business Continuity tests)
Job Context (Circumstances & environment surrounding the job):
This job involves managing the provision of technical analysis and project management skills extremely effectively and efficiently so that Wholesale Banking has a positive and seamless experience and front-line colleagues are protected from front-office administrative activities. The jobholder will work closely with relevant stakeholders (Wholesale Banking, other Group functions) across the Group (16 countries). This is an extremely busy environment that requires strict adherence to compliance requirements, attention to detail, capacity to work independently and resilience to deal with the challenges. The jobholder will be engaging and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders across a range of organisations and interests, and constantly having to act on own initiative, providing solutions and thinking creatively.
- Extensive understanding of using Microsoft products (excel (e.g. pivot tables), powerpoint, word, visio)
- Extensive understanding of technical analysis and financial modelling
- Strong understanding of Wholesale Banking
- Broad understanding of all Bank ABC products
- Broad understanding of risk management and mitigation techniques
- Broad understanding of the regulatory environment & obligations
- Broad understanding of Bank ABC core and network markets
- Broad understanding of marketing and sales
- Broad understanding of end-to-end product management
Education / Certifications
- Graduate degree (finance, business or economics)
- Advanced/Professional qualification (or similar experience)
- Fluent in English, Arabic and/or French language preferable
- Significant post qualification experience in corporate and/or investment banking or related areas (at least 5 years)
- Experience of working with multi-project and multi-stakeholder initiatives in an International Bank
- Experience of planning, managing and executing projects through to delivery
- Experience of managing multiple priorities in a challenging and changing environment
- Experience of supporting complex projects involving multiple products and/or geographic groups
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong creative and innovative thinking skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team structure
- Ability to work with accuracy under high pressure within fixed and short timeframes
- Ability to work across organizational and cultural boundaries
- Quality and results oriented
- Good commercial awareness
- High integrity and work ethics