Assistant Vice President Transaction Monitoring Unit
- Manama, Capital Governorate, Bahrain Manama Capital Governorate BH
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Apr 18 2018-04-25
To lead and manage the Group’s centralised Transaction Monitoring Unit (TMU) performing Sanctions Screening and AML Monitoring related activities within Group Operations.
The job holder will assist the Group Head of Transaction Monitoring Units in
- Operationalizing the target operating model for Transaction screening, Name Screening and Post-fact Transaction Monitoring activities within the Bank, working closely with the Unit MLROs, Group Compliance and Group IT.
- The day-to-day management of the team.
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
- Assist in building and operationalizing the target operating model for the TMU.
- Assist and maintain operating procedures based upon Group Financial Crime Polices and Standards
- Ensure that investigations are conducted as per the procedures and provide regular assurance of such to relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure the Operational Performance standards are met.
- Ensure that people issues within the team are addressed in a timely manner.
- Actively and routinely engage Unit MLROs to provide and receive continuous feedback loop on alerting quality, volumes, TMU performance and significant cases/lessons learned
- Implement the training framework to ensure that staff are trained and competent to undertake designated processing activities.
- Work with the team to produce detailed Management Information periodically on Key metrics including but not limited to volumes, trends, Quality, Service Levels etc.
- Review processes and workflows on an ongoing basis to improve accuracy, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Proactively identify and address operational risks. Track and ensure closure of action points pertaining to risk mitigation.
- Engage with Group Compliance on process related matters.
- Undertake and drive special projects, as required.
Risk, Compliance & Business Continuity:
- At all times, act with due care, skill and diligence to ensure compliance with the Bank’s risk culture, policies and procedures, Code of Conduct and Values.
- Escalate risk and compliance issues in a timely manner to your line manager, and ensure that all mandatory training is completed to schedule.
- Participate in exercises to rehearse the banks response to an emergency situation (i.e. evacuation exercises and Business Continuity tests)
Job Context (Circumstances & environment surrounding the job):
The Bank is working on a multi-year plan to hub it’s Sanctions Screening and AML Transaction Monitoring activities from Egypt, Jordan, Tunisia, Algeria, New York, London, Paris, Frankfurt and Milan in Bahrain. The Bank has commenced the hubbing of Transaction Screening and is aiming to complete Name Screening activities in 2018 and Transaction Monitoring in 2019.
The job holder is expected to gain a thorough understanding of the Bank’s systems, process flows, Target Operating Model (TOM) and support the Group Head of TMU in successful hubbing and Service Delivery of Sanctions Screening and AML Transaction Monitoring activities.
The job holder will need to exhibit a high degree of personal integrity, a can do attitude, an ability to work in a highly diverse environment, a zealousness for delivering change and a passion for challenging the status quo.
The job holder will be closely working with the Operations, Country Compliance, Group Compliance, IT, Business Process Management and Project Management teams to ensure successful implementation of projects and initiatives.