To drive the business for the assigned territory in coordination with the Sales Support teams to achieve targeted volumes within the Pricing / Risk framework. To meet targeted volumes & profitability for each Merchant category and merchant outlet, set goals for the territory through ensuring services levels, relationship management, fraud control, etc. Provide MIS / reports etc. to unit manager.
Candidates should be able to work with various departments to cross-sell products & services.
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
- Drive growth of existing merchant relationships under assigned territories.
- Grow market share by deepening and widening the existing merchant relationships & focusing on improving account level profitability.
- Ensure quality service / Training of merchant staff on acceptance & fraud management.
- Proactively review merchant relationships to identify opportunities / problems and take corrective measures where necessary.
- Support loyalty programs & joint promotions leveraging merchant relationship.
- Maintain & grow business in a competitive pricing environment. Price negotiation skills are very important.
- Solicit new merchant business, manage their accounts and service their needs.
- Promote the company’s products and services as well as Value Added services such as the DCC, eCommerce, etc.
- Monitor and Follow up dormant merchants and attempt to activate their accounts or withdraw the POS terminals and report attrition to Management.
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports and making recommendations to management.
- Keep management informed by submitting activities and results reports.
- Any other duties assigned by the direct Manager
- Knowledge of the Acquiring business line
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience in merchant acquiring
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Ability to present good professional image.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Ability to explain complex information clearly and in a simple manner.
- Good sales and negotiation skills
- Consistently present in the market, building relationships and understanding client needs.
- Readiness and willingness to travel, as per need