AVP, Specialised Finance
- Manama, Capital Governorate, Bahrain
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Feb 18 2018-02-22
Under the leadership and direction of the Group Head of P&SF and/or a Senior Project Finance Officer, to work collaboratively within the P&SF team to establish, develop and maintain close and active relationships with prospective and existing Bank clients (including public and private sector corporates, FIs, Governments and/or their advisors and agents) counterparts, lawyers and consultants, etc. in order to develop and originate new business and then to help to execute and maintain attractive project and structured finance transactions, working with the P&SF team in seeking advisory mandates for project and structured finance business and other fee generating collateral business.
The role includes cross selling responsibility across Bank geographies, particularly the MENA subsidiaries, to ensure that the Bank maximizes US$ income, particularly fees, Total Operating Income (TOI), and ROE, meeting budgets, from P&SF business activity through pro-active churning of P&SF loan assets portfolio while capturing liabilities wherever possible.
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
- Under the leadership and guidance of Group Head of P&SF and/or Senior Project Finance Officer, originate and maintain existing and new client relationships, both regionally and internationally, which will regularly generate new and repeat business opportunities for P&SF and the Bank generally. Help to further develop the Bank advisory franchise and reputation, as relationship / transaction manager, while generating significant and increasing fee income, through a combination of retainer payments and success fees. Help to develop and strengthen the Bank’s position as the pre-eminent project finance bank in the region, providing integrated value-added solutions to clients.
- Working with the team leader for advisory transaction opportunities, help to win and close transactions for P&SF clients in diverse industries, ensuring attractive and appropriate risk/returns for the Bank. Work with the P&SF team on lending transactions, where possible as a mandated lead arranger, but selectively (for specific relationship development/future business reasons) for strong credit and high-yielding transactions, as a participant
Portfolio management and organization
- In conjunction with Senior Project Finance Officer, support business diversification through active portfolio management, strategically targeting deals in a variety of key regional industry sectors and geographies. Maintain credit standards – both for new business and monitoring of existing portfolio. Help to ensure that P&SF achieves the highest possible recognition for credit quality, credit process and business performance from Internal Audit
- Working with the team leader to ensure pro-active development of collateral business from P&SF clients. Under the leadership of the Group Head of P&SF and/or Senior Project Finance Officer, extend Bank credibility and contacts with existing and potential clients and counterparts. In conjunction with Senior Project Finance Officer, develop key relationships, and demonstrate a spirit of flexibility and strong understanding to meet customers’ needs, while ensuring the Bank's interests are met at all times. Close cooperation with P&SF in Europe and other Bank products/branches/ subsidiaries, etc., cross-selling wherever possible to promote and extend Bank business success
- Working as part of the P&SF team, use experience and knowledge of MENA markets to assist with P&SF activities. Help to develop a productive and co-operative team spirit within the P&SF product group, and with other Product and Bank units
- Gain and maintain in-depth and current product knowledge covering all principal Bank products, keeping close working relationships with other Group Product specialists to maximize ancillary business and to deliver Bank effectively and seamlessly to clients
- Help to develop and strengthen the Bank’s position as the pre-eminent Bank in the target markets and MENA region generally, providing integrated value-added solutions to clients, where applicable combining multiple Bank products
- Help to extend the Bank credibility and contacts with existing and potential clients and counterparts. Assist in developing key relationships and demonstrate integrity and a spirit of flexibility and strong understanding to meet customers’ needs, while ensuring that the Bank’s interests are met at all times
- Help to ensure that P&SF achieves the highest possible recognition for credit quality, credit process and business performance from Internal Audit, and from Compliance / Credit Admin.
- Help to develop a productive and co-operative team spirit within P&SF globally, and with all other Bank product and support units.
- Maintain effective professional and courteous standards and communication with all counterparts, internal and external, senior and junior, etc.
Risk, Compliance & Business Continuity:
At all times, act with due care, skill and diligence to ensure compliance with the Bank's risk culture, policies and procedures, Code of Conduct and Values.
Ensure a climate of openness, transparency and accountability for compliance with external regulations and internal risk policies and procedures, where issues are raised and escalated, as appropriate and required, in a timely manner.
Ensure that stakeholders and reports are educated on risk and compliance matters, and that all employees in reporting line complete mandatory training to schedule.
Ensure that policies and procedures for area(s) of responsibility are clearly documented, stored in an accessible manner, and kept up to date.
Participate in exercises to rehearse the banks response to an emergency situation (i.e. evacuation exercises and Business Continuity tests)
Job Context (Circumstances & environment surrounding the job):
Integral to P&SF, although proactive cross-selling and business introductions to other Bank products and geographies is required.
- Broad banking products knowledge, to allow cross-selling for other products
- Strong credit analysis and credit administration skills
- Strong computer skills with capability to use spreadsheet, graphic and presentation packages to review and create professional materials
Education / Certifications
- 10 years of previous experience to include 5 years in a Project / Structured Finance role
- Proven experience and track record of lending and advisory transaction successes
- Ability to be flexible and to juggle multiple priorities, including business driven deadlines
- Demonstrate teamwork, helping junior team members to gain experience, knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to maintain integrity, confidentiality and diplomacy under all circumstances
- Developed communication skills, ability to negotiate and often at higher levels
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to act on own initiative, providing solutions and thinking creatively
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to remain calm and perform well under pressure at all times