- Vienna, Wien, Austria
- Permanent, Full time
- Columbia Threadneedle Investments
- 11 Apr 19
Columbia Threadneedle Investments is a leading global asset manager that provides a broad range of actively managed investment strategies and solution
Columbia Threadneedle Investments is a leading global asset manager that provides a broad range of actively managed investment strategies and solutions for individual, institutional and corporate clients around the world. With more than 2000 people including over 450 investment professionals based in North America, Europe and Asia, we manage over £400 billion of assets across developed and emerging market equities, fixed income, asset allocation solutions and alternatives. Our priority is the investment success of our clients. We know investors want strong and repeatable risk-adjusted returns and we aim to deliver this through an active and consistent investment approach that is team-based, risk-aware and performance-driven.
Austria will be expected to lead a powerful development of the firm’s sales programme into the Austrian market place, and with an emphasis on opening and broadening distribution channels for investment management products, which would include mutual funds as well as segregated accounts and sub-advised mandates. With the goal of building on the strong market position in Austria and in order to increase market penetration with targeted Austrian- and also selected Eastern European clients.
Main focus is in the development of the Asset Managers, FoFs and Private Banking units, as well as bank retail, but also strengthening the relationship with insurance companies.
Given the level of contacts and experience, Sales Manager will be a key driver for Sales in the Austrian- and Eastern European Market.
The Sales Manager will contribute to the development and implementation of appropriate sales strategies and objectives across the target client segments in order to deliver prime rate service out of Vienna to domestic and international clients in Austria and Eastern Europe. The Sales Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Markedly improve and increase the distribution of Threadneedle investment management products to key client segments through an active, competitive sales behaviour and a systematic and persistent approach of the target client segments to meet agreed gross and net sales targets.
- Establish and develop appropriate and lasting relationships with key clients in the interest of building profitable customer relations and attaining ambitious sales objectives.
- Act as a critical link in account management and client coordination matters working with the European investment management products sales teams based in London.
- Work closely and cooperate in a partnership spirit with the asset management and marketing specialists in London, drawing upon extensive research and investment management policies to access and serve the client base.
- Participate in marketing activities of the firm to ensure that they focus on addressing the requirements of the target markets.
- Ensure all reporting requirements are met, including contact reports.
- Work within regulatory and statutory requirements at all times and ensure that Threadneedle meets at all times its fiduciary responsibilities.
Skills, capabilities, knowledge and experience required to achieve outputs.
- English language: fluent
- Bachelor or equivalent degree
- Deep knowledge of the Austrian market and the key investors - throughout Austria, but also in Eastern Europe.
- Deep capital markets knowledge and experience dealing with a range of (even complex) investment strategies, as well as all client segments
- Extensive experience in understanding of all key client segments and product features, in addition to regulatory limitations / requirements on investment strategies
- Experienced, self-motivated, highly energetic sales professional with a sharp intellect and a strong, disciplined business acumen
- Proven ability to market and sell in the broadest sense, I.e. client segmentation, identification of the appropriate products per client type and preparation and implementation of sales tactics
- Ability to set up a sales distribution network in a new market and build an excellent reputation in a competitive market
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills to clearly articulate sophisticated concepts, ideas, and processes at a very senior level
- Flexible, dynamic, well-organised and willing to travel