About ContourGlobal: ContourGlobal is a growth platform for acquiring and developing wholesale power generation with long-term contracts diversified across fuel types and geographies. It was founded in 2005 by CEO Joseph Brandt and Reservoir Capital Group. We have developed the highest of operating standards and practices which we ensure are applied globally in all of our projects. Today, we are uniquely positioned to capitalize on market opportunities that rely on operators with best-in-class track records with refurbishment and development expertise.
Job Description: At ContourGlobal, an Associate is a unique, highly challenging, yet tremendously rewarding role. You will be the focal point of complex development projects and acquisitions and hold responsibility for driving the success of these projects from beginning to end.
To succeed in this role, a candidate must have:
- World-class modelling and quantitative abilities (Modelling will be your key responsibility)
- Be familiar with the reviewing of project documentation and due diligence reports
- An ability to provide investment analysis quickly and with clarity
- Capacity to drive different work streams related to project Due Diligence and successfully interact with or managed geographically dispersed teams
- An ability to prepare compelling materials describing a transaction and value drivers and then present with clarity to the most senior executives at ContourGlobal in high-pressure situations
- Work well in a lean and flat organization and have the interpersonal skills to manage horizontally within the company and on transaction teams
- An analytical and critical thinker. You don’t accept the status quo but challenge the underlying assumptions. You like data and aren’t afraid to use it. You understand the importance of targets and KPIs but also the concept of garbage in/garbage out.
- Enthusiasm to contribute to a fast growing, hardworking and dynamic organization
- Flexibility to travel when required for a transaction
- You will be responsible for owning the model and all financial analysis for every transaction you work on. At ContourGlobal, this is a role with significant responsibility. You must model complex businesses in Excel in a way that is rigorous, clear, intuitive and flexible
- You will be required to review complex due diligence reports, be able to reflect them on the financial model and contribute to the assessment and review of them
- You will be required to prepare compelling presentations that lay out clear investment theses on why a project provides an attractive risk-adjusted return
- You will be required to work across the company to determine the appropriate valuation assumptions and inputs, and rigorously challenge and debate the correct assumptions with colleagues
- You will be generally involved in project related commercial and financial discussions/negotiations so the output of these can be reflected on the financial model and related sensitivities in order to provide input to the rest of the team and senior management in an expeditious and proactive manner
As a pre-requisite, a candidate must have:
- Minimum 3 years of experience at a financial institution or strategic company working as a financial analyst/associate on energy or infrastructure investments, displaying a track record of involvement in project finance transactions
- Fluent English and any additional language is a plus
- Willingness and interest to travel 50% of the time
- Excellent academic qualifications preferably with an undergraduate degree in finance and /or an MBA in finance
For more info on the company visit our website http://www.contourglobal.com/
Please send your application to: email@example.com