- Vienna, Wien, Austria
- Permanent, Full time
- ContourGlobal Development GmbH
Associate M&A and Business Development
ContourGlobal was founded in 2005 by the current CEO Joseph Brandt, along with Reservoir Capital Group, a multibillion New York-based investment fund. As an Independent Power Producer, we manage, own and operate an asset portfolio of over 4 GW in gross installed capacity across Europe, Latina America and Africa. Today, the company is uniquely positioned to continue its expansion through acquisitions having a solid deal flow in the project pipeline.
As an Associate at ContourGlobal you will be involved with the entire ‘life cycle’ of a transaction. You will be responsible for carrying out investment analyses and due diligence and support senior professionals in origination and deal execution.
It’s an excellent opportunity to move from banking to the buy-side or to take the career next step in the power industry. The individual will have strong functional skills in major areas of project finance and will demonstrate the ability to soon lead M&A/business development transactions.
The role will be based in our European Headquarters in Vienna.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out initial due diligence, valuation and commercial and financial analysis of the target
- Managing advisors as principal
- Guiding analysts to prepare financial models
- Prepare compelling presentations that lay out clear investment theses on why a project provides an attractive risk-adjusted return
- Work across the company to determine the appropriate valuation assumptions and inputs, and rigorously challenge and debate the correct assumptions with colleagues
- Tracking business development (collects research, analyze industry trends)
- Working on teams (coordinates with team members, deliver projects on a deadline)
Although the candidate will get some junior help, the Associate needs to have:
- Strong prior financial modeling experience
- Due Diligence (Technical, Environmental and Social, Legal) experience
- Financing Term Sheet negotiation experience
- Finance Documents negotiation experience
- 4+ years of experience in investment banking or private equity or strategic company working on energy or infrastructure investments
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Finance or Business, preferably with a focus on corporate finance
- World-class modelling and project management abilities
- Experience in the energy / power sector is a must
We are seeking candidates who:
- Are committed to their own personal success and the success of the institution as a whole
- Are analytical and enjoy working with numbers and solving problems
- Show solid leadership and interpersonal skills and high level of flexibility
- Prove the ability to work well in a lean and flat organization and a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Have strong written and oral communication skills, fluent in written and spoken English
- Flexible and open minded
- Well organized and hardworking, with the ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment and manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- Enthusiasm to contribute to a fast growing, hardworking and dynamic organization
- Have a clear interest in energy, power and infrastructure sectors
- Flexibility to travel when required for transactions, up to 50% of the time
For more information on the company visit our website http://www.contourglobal.com/
Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org