Z Software Techline Specialist
Your Role and Responsibilities
We live in an era of remarkable change and opportunity. You have the chance to join the most modern platform IBM offers - the IBM Z (mainframe).
The world's economy runs on IBM Z. As the world continues to evolve, so too does the platform, including groundbreaking technical innovations like pervasive encryption as well as ensuring IBM Z extends to be part of the most relevant technical ecosystems, leveraging API's, DevOps and Operational Analytics. In addition, IBM Z is expanding its delivery model to include leading 'as a Service' offerings such as the IBM Blockchain Platform, built on top of IBM Z. About the job
Z Software (ZSW) Techlineis a team of readily available, highly skilled Technical Sales Support Professionals who assist the ZSW Sales Organization in selling IBM solutions.
The ZSW Techline Specialist is a key and active member of our Cloud sales organisation in Australia / APAC with responsibilities to meet & exceed client expectations and key business measurements.
As a member of the team you will provide ZSW pre-sales and post-sales support to IBM ZSW customers, Sellers, Tech Sellers, Dealmakers and Software Deployment Leaders across the APAC region.
Specifically, you will provide focal account coverage; ZSW Pricing and Licensing support; Enterprise Licence Agreement (ELA) contract support; SW Deployment and usage tracking.
You will be a subject matter expert for Tailored Fit Pricing (TFP) and licensing, Country Multiplex (CMP) pricing and licensing, End of Quarter / End of Month processing as well as guidance and recommendations for ensuring Firm Order Exception (FOE) process steps result in timely revenue recognition.
In collaboration with sales, you will drive revenue growth across a set of customers in ANZ and across the APAC region. As a trusted customer advocate, you will help organisations understand the business rules and best practices around cloud-based solutions, and how to modernise existing workloads. What will I be doing?
Qualities, Skills and Experience
- Assigned Focal for ZSW accounts across APAC providing licensing and pricing support for
- Operating Systems: z/OS, z/VM, z/VSE, zLinux
- All Z Software brands
- IPLA & MLC Software
- ZSW licence inventory management
- Adherence to IPLA and MLC Business Rules
- MLC / IPLA Deployment Tracking
- ZSW Product information and positioning
- Provide various pricing options to IBM sales teams, business partners and IBM customers for
- proposal preparation
- price change communications
- Monthly licence charges and tracking
- Quotes for Z S&S renewals
- Provide ELA pre-sales support analysis and recommendations
- Provide 'what if' pricing scenarios
- ZSW pricing adjustments due to Hardware changes (upgrades and migrations)
- On Demand Capacity upgrades (OOCoD)
- Sub Capacity Usage reporting (SCRT)
- Pricing Education
- Subject matter expert for ZSW offerings including:
- Tailored Fit Pricing
- Country Multiplex Pricing
- Product replacement
- Product Trade-up advice
- Attend Customer and IBM meetings to provide ZSW licensing expertise
- Compatibility & Migration advice for ZSW
- Product Lifecycle support
- Integral part of the end-to-end ZSW delivery and fulfillment process, working closely with various IBM teams.
- Configure ZSW to meet client licensing and delivery requirements for firm order revenue recognition
- Configuration of software for electronic delivery via ShopZ
- Track the status of shipped/firm/unfirm business
- Experienced Technical Sales professional with related experience in a technical sales role.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Ability to follow processes and meet deadlines.
- Work well in a strong team environment.
- Experience in Pre-sales is desirable.
- Knowledge of the IBM Z brand and Z SW Portfolio software solutions is desirable.
- Comfortable communicating:
- across internal and external organisations.
- with variety of client contacts of technical and non-technical background.
- Ability to drive and influence Stakeholders across organizational boundaries
- Ability to collect business and technical information from clients regarding requirements and play a key role in composing, researching and delivering responses to RFPs.
- A passion for technology.
- A willingness to learn new technologies (e.g. Blockchain, Cognitive, Security).
Sign me up!
If you tick these boxes, and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM - click "Apply" today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise